- 11 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG Variant Production Beings: India Launch Expected Soon
- 14 hrs ago Jeep Compass Facelift Global Unveil Set To June 4: Here Are All The Details
- 15 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.48 Crore
- 16 hrs ago New Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.33 Crore
- Finance BPCL Launches Whatsapp Facility For Booking Cooking Gas: Here's How To Do?
- Technology TikTok App Download For JioPhone: How To Install TikTok App In JioPhone
- News Mumbai: 25 rescued after fire breaks out at Hotel Fortune on Marine Lines
- Movies Prithviraj's Aadujeevitham: Here's Everything You Need To Know About The Next Schedule!
- Lifestyle Did You Know That Talking To Yourself Can Reduce Stress? The Benefits Of Positive Self-talk
- Sports Dravid says non-contracted and U-19 players have received mental health lessons in lockdown
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The Okinawa electric maxi-scooter will make its debut at Auto Expo 2020. The company launched its first product in 2017 and since then, the company has been making some good looking, fast and fun-to-ride scooters for the Indian market. Okinawa has eight electric scooters in its portfolio ranging from Rs 40,000 to Rs 1.14 lakh (ex-showroom).
However, according to ExpressDrives, Okinawa is now ready for its next big move, an electric cruiser maxi-scooter which has been dubbed as the Oki100 electric motorcycle and will debut at the upcoming Auto Expo 2020. It is visible from the picture that the upcoming product from Okinawa will have the same silhouette as the Suzuki Burgman maxi-scooter.
Teaser images also reveal that the scooter will have an orange paint scheme and a stepped up-seat for better pillion comfort. Now since this is a maxi-scooter, it will be big, indicating that even the tall riders will be able to ride it comfortably. Usually, the problem with tall riders is that while taking a turn the handlebars hit the knees and we expect this not to happen with this electric scooter.
Specifications for the Okinawa Cruise maxi-scooter are still unknown, but it is expected that the scooter will get regenerative braking technology. Other features include disc brakes at both ends, an all-digital instrument cluster, usable under-seat storage and USB charging. The electric scooter is expected to get a swappable lithium-ion battery and will offer a range of around 150kms and a top speed of 120km/h.
Like most of the other electric two-wheeler manufacturers in India, Okinawa assembles and sells rebadged versions of e-scooters sold in other parts of the world. Some of Okinawa's scooters are identical to the ones sold by Zhejiang Luyuan Electric Scooter Co. Ltd in China.
The upcoming electric scooter is 50mm longer than the Suzuki Burgman Street, which is the only maxi scooter on sale in India right now and does appear as a rival to Suzuki's offering.
Thoughts On The Okinawa Cruiser Electric Maxi-Scooter
Okinawa scooters are aiming to aggressively push towards EVs in the Indian market and with a scooter like this one the company will be able to attract more and more customers. Once launched, the electric scooter is expected to carry a price tag of roughly Rs 1.10 lakh ex-showroom.