- 5 hrs ago Harley Davidson Street 750 & Street Rod Discontinued In India: Removed From Website
- 7 hrs ago BharatBenz ‘BSafe Express’ Reefer Truck Unveiled: Made-In-India COVID-19 Vaccine Transport Truck
- 8 hrs ago Suzuki Access 125 Prices Increased Across All Variants: Here Is The New Price List!
- 9 hrs ago Earth Energy EV Upcoming Vehicles Teased Ahead Of Launch This Month: Here Are All Details
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 22 Highlights: Housemates Create Furor As Sonali Throws Food In The Dustbin
- News Farmers at Singhu border allege conspiracy to kill 4 leaders on Republic Day
- Education MH SET Answer Key 2020 Released At setexam.unipune.ac.in
- Sports 'Devastated' Murray out of Australian Open following positive COVID-19 test
- Finance Reliance Industries Reports 12.5% Jump In Q3 Profit
- Lifestyle Healthy Bitter Foods That May Help Lower Blood Glucose In Diabetics
- Technology You Broadband Launches New Bundled Plans For Its Customers
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
KTM is among the most successful teams in the fearsome Dakar Rally. The Austrian motorcycle manufacturer has won 18 titles over the years. It has decided to bring all the expertise and some into a limited edition motorcycle called the '450 Rally Replica'.
The new motorcycle has been developed based on the company's Dakar and FIM Cross-Country rally motorcycles. Additionally, the company has also sought expertise from previous Dakar rally winners such as Toby Price, Matthias Walkner and Sam Sunderland.
According to KTM, the 450 Rally Replica is a motorcycle designed to excel in multi-stage cross-country rallies. It can tackle the toughest of terrain that a rally racer will have to go through to reach the finish line.
The KTM 450 Rally Replica motorcycle uses several race-derived components and is said to be extremely capable as well. It is powered by a liquid-cooled, single-cylinder, 450cc SOHC engine that is equipped with a larger 44mm throttle body and an (EMS) Engine Management System from Keihin. The engine breathes through a high-performance air-filter from Twin Air.
The engine comes mated to a six-speed gearbox that has been tuned to offer maximum performance and improved shifting mechanism to support long-distance rallying. The motorcycle also features an Akrapovic exhaust that is tuned to work with an updated engine and airbox.
A similar spec 450cc engine is currently powering the brand 450 EXC-F Enduro motorcycle and produces 51bhp. However, with all the performance modifications made to the 450 Rally Replica's engine, we expect it to be a lot more.
KTM has also given the limited-edition motorcycle many other mechanical upgrades. This includes a high-tech and lightweight trellis frame made of chrome-moly steel, and an additional fuel tank with a capacity of 16 litres doubles as the subframe at the rear.
Suspension on the motorcycle is handled by rally derived 48mm WP XACT PRO closed cartridge forks with Cone Valve technology and a mono-shock unit connected to a cast-aluminium swingarm at the rear. The front and rear suspension travel are rated at 305mm and 300mm, respectively.
Braking on the motorcycle is done via disc brakes at both ends with 300mm dia ventilated rotors at the front and 240mm at the rear. The motorcycle comes equipped with EXCEL spoked rims shod with knobby tires at both ends. It also features a large bash-plated to protect the engine oil sump.
Stefan Huber, Red Bull KTM Factory Racing Rally Team Leader: "The work goes on! We're proud of the 2021 KTM 450 RALLY REPLICA. With this model, we have already set the bar very high in giving the customers a product so close to what we prepare and take to rallies across the world. Of course, we always make discoveries, and this means the 2021 bike is a significant upgrade."
The gearbox construction and configuration will make a difference to the riders who want to push the KTM 450 RALLY REPLICA. We must be able to transfer what we learn directly into the hands of KTM riders. We're here to win races but making a better product is very important and satisfying. I look forward to seeing this incredible machine in racing action at the upcoming 2021 Dakar Rally!"
The motorcycle production is limited to just 85 units worldwide. The price tag is fixed at EUR 25.900 (plus VAT & shipping), which translates to approximately Rs 22.34 lakh. The motorcycle will be available from September 2020 onwards. The company is also offering a service and support package that is available for a limited number of riders at the Dakar Rally at an additional cost for all KTM Rally models.
Thoughts About The KTM 450 Rally Replica Limited Edition Motorcycle
The KTM Rally Replica is a limited edition motorcycle that is offered with a host of performance modifications to make it a full-fledged rally motorcycle. Along with mods is also the factor of exclusivity with just 85 motorcycles made for the world. The motorcycle serves as a platform for riders to enter the Dakar Rally.