- 5 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 7 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 8 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 22 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- News Miffed Trinamool Congress MP Satabdi Roy named state unit vice-president
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Chennaiyin FC vs East Bengal: Preview, Team News, Timings, Live Streaming Info
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Movies 51st IFFI Kick Starts With Enthralling Cultural Performances To Celebrate The Joy Of Cinema
- Technology Who Owns Hike Messenger? Which Country It Belongs To?
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
The Kawasaki Z900 motorcycle is among the most popular model for the brand in the Indian market. It is yet to receive an update from the company to comply with the latest BS6 emission standards.
According to reports from Autocar India, the Japenese two-wheeler manufacturer will launch the 2021 Z900 BS6 motorcycle sometime by the end of this month. It is expected to arrive with upgraded electronics rider aids and an LED headlamp.
Kawasaki had unveiled the Z900 BS6 during December last year and the motorcycle. According to the company's press release the BS6 motorcycle is expected to retail between Rs 8.5 lakh and Rs 9.0 lakh.
The 2021 Z900 BS6 will be powered by an updated version of the same 948cc in-line four, liquid-cooled engine featured on the BS4 models. In its BS4 iteration, the engine produced a maximum of 123bhp at 9500rpm and a peak torque of 98.4Nm at 7700rpm. The engine will continue to come mated to a standard six-speed gearbox.
We expect the power and torque figures to remain the same with the updated engine as well. The 2021 Kawasaki Z900 will borrow most of its equipment from the 2020 updated model launched earlier this year. This includes all LED lighting for the headlamps and taillights, updated suspension settings at both ends.
It will also feature a new 4.3-inch TFT instrument cluster with Bluetooth smartphone connectivity. Riders can connect to the motorcycle via an app called ‘Rideology', which provides a host of information to the rider including the rider telemetry.
The new naked-motorcycle will also feature updated electronics package. This includes four riding modes: Sport, Road, Rain and Manual setting. It will also feature two different engine power modes. Other electronics rider aids include the brand's ‘KTRC' traction control system and dual-channel ABS as standard.
Apart from the aforementioned changes, the new Kawasaki Z900 will continue to feature other mechanicals borrowed from the older-gen models. Although the suspension set-up will be improved, it will continue to use the same 41mm USD forks at the front and a mono-shock at the rear.
Braking on the motorcycle is done via dual 300mm petal discs at the front, and a single 250mm petal disc at the rear, supported by dual-channel ABS. The motorcycle will comes shod with a set of Dunlop Sportsmax Roadsport 2 tyres.
Earlier models of the Kawasaki Z900 BS6 motorcycle were offered in a range of two dual-tone paint schemes: Metallic Graphite Grey/ Metallic Spark Black, and Metallic Spark Black/ Metallic Flat Spark Black. For the BS6 model, the company could introduce a couple of new colours.
Thoughts About The 2021 Kawasaki Z900 BS6 India Launch Timeline Revealed
The company had revealed the details of the BS6 Z900 motorcycle back in December 2019. It was initially expected to arrive much earlier during April. However, due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the launch timelines had to be pushed back. Once launched, the Kawaski Z900 will primarily rival the recently launched Triumph Street Triple R in the Indian market.