- 11 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Celerio BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 4.41 Lakh
- 12 hrs ago New Maruti Suzuki Ignis Facelift India Launch Date Revealed: Here Are All The Details
- 13 hrs ago Hero Electric Flash Scooter Limited Period Discounts: Benefits And Offers Up To Rs 10,500
- 15 hrs ago Tata Is Set To Launch The Facelifted BS6 Nexon On 22 January
- Technology Best Selling Samsung Mobiles On Sale At Flipkart Republic Day Sale And Amazon Great Indian Sale 2020
- News TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu, 17 MLAs taken in police custody
- Sports Premier Badminton League 2020: Satwik & Lakshya Sen shine as Chennai Superstarz win opener
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 113 Synopsis: Time To Elect The Second ‘Elite Member’ In The House
- Lifestyle Did You Know These Side Effects Of Green Tea?
- Travel 7 Patriotic Places To Visit This Republic Day
- Finance New Gold Hallmarking Rules: 5 Things To Know
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
American motorcycle manufacturer, Indian Motorcycle, has officially opened booking for the 2020 Challenger motorcycle. The company still has to announce a launch date for the Indian Challenger models.
Close to all details about the 2020 Indian Challenger were revealed last October when the motorcycle was launched in the company's international markets. Domestic markets are slated to receive the motorcycles with the same specifications.
The all-American 2020 Challenger will be available in three variants - Standard, Dark Horse, and Limited.
Design features of the 2020 Indian Challenger includes a chassis-mounted semi-fairing, a refreshed Indian Motorcycle headdress on the front fender, and a swept-back handlebar.
The motorcycle features adjustable air vents, and an adjustable windscreen. Other features include full LED lighting, a fixed fairing, and weather proof saddlebags that have a payload capacity of 68-liters.
The 2020 Indian Challenger features inverted telescopic forks at the front, and hydraulically adjustable FOX shock absorbers at the rear. Anchoring duties are handled race spec radially mounted Brembo brakes - 320mm dual disc brakes at the front, and a single 298mm disc at the rear.
The motorcycle features alloy wheels shod with Metzeler Cruisetec tyres, and a split dual exhaust that features a resonator.
Safety features on the 2020 Indian Challenger include ABS, electronic cruise control and keyless ignition. In addition, the Limited and the Dark Horse variants feature Indian Motorcycle's intuitive Smart Lean Technology (basically cornering traction control and cornering ABS) and Drag Torque Control.
The Limited and Dark Horse variants also feature the 7.0-inch Indian RideCommand touchscreen infotainment system. The system features a quad-core processor, Bluetooth connectivity, USB mobile pairing, key vehicle information, and weather & traffic overlays.
One of the highlights of the 2020 Indian Challenger is its all-new PowerPlus engine, making it the company's first liquid-cooled large-displacement engine ever.
The motorcycle features a 1.8-litre liquid-cooled, eight-valve, V-twin cylinder that produces 120bhp of power and 178Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a six-speed transmission, and features slipper clutch assist as well.
The all new 2020 Indian Challenger features three riding modes - Rain, Standard, and Sport. Riding modes can be customized according to rider preference.
While there is no official revelation just yet, we expect the 2020 Indian Challenger to be priced roughly between Rs 32 lakh and Rs 36 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
Thoughts About Indian Motorcycle Opening Bookings For The 2020 Challenger Motorcycle
Bookings being open means the company is about to launch the motorcycle. We think that a launch will happen within the next few weeks and that deliveries will most likely being at the end of February or early March.