- 1 hr ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 3 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 4 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Rajasthan crisis: BJP to hold crucial meet tomorrow; Vasundhara Raje to join
- Sports US Open still on, but USTA cancels other events
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Movies These 5 Women Empowering South Movies On Amazon Prime Video Will Surely Strike You With Awe!
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Honda Motorcycles & Scooters India (HMSI) has patented a new motorcycle in the country. As seen from the patent images, the motorcycle seems to be the CBF 190 R, which is already available in international markets such as China and Latin America.
This indicates that Honda might be considering introducing the 190cc motorcycle in the country. Although, patent images do not necessarily confirm the arrival of a new motorcycle in the market. It does translate to the company considering it for a launch in India. However, there is still no official confirmation at this time.
If Honda does bring the CBF 190 R to the Indian market, it will fill a void in their product lineup, especially with the discontinuation of the CBR 250 R. Also, if the motorcycle is confirmed for India, there is a good chance it will not be named ‘CBF 190 R' in the country. Honda could consider one of the more popular names, such as the Hornet or Unicorn in the country.
The current Honda CBF 190 R motorcycle available in international markets, if powered by a 184cc single-cylinder engine. It produces around 15bhp and 15Nm of torque and is mated to a five-speed gearbox. However, Honda could increase the power and torque figures for the Indian market, considering its rivals.
Talking about its rivals, the new 190cc Honda motorcycles once launched will rival the likes of the KTM Duke 200, Bajaj Pulsar NS200, Hero Xtreme 200 R and the TVS Apache RTR 200 4V.
Coming to its design, the Honda CBF 190 R comes with sharp lines, edgy fuel tank, heavily-contoured seats and a sleek tail section. The motorcycle comes with a very youthful and modern styling, along with a host of features such as LED lighting all around, clip-on handlebars, inverted forks and a fully-digital instrument cluster.
Although it will be interesting to see which of these features will make it to the Indian-spec, if the brand does decide to introduce it in the market.
Thoughts On The New Honda Motorcycle Patent Images
Vehicle manufacturers patent images all the time and it doesn't guarantee a launch in the market. However, there is a large void in the brand's lineup between the Unicorn 160 and the CB 300R which needs to be filled.