- 5 hrs ago 5 Friends, 5 Borders, 5,000 Kilometers & Unlimited Experiences: Great Independence Day Ride Series
- 7 hrs ago Bookings For The All-New Toyota Urban Cruiser Will Commence By The End Of August 2020
- 8 hrs ago BGAUSS Partners With MoneyTap To Offer Attractive Financing Options To Its Customers
- 9 hrs ago Honda Amaze Sales Crosses 4 Lakh Mark Since 2013: Achieves New Milestone
- Sports Halep overcomes Krejcikova test with determined fightback in Prague
- Movies Lokesh Kanagaraj Is Not Directing Kaithi Hindi Remake: To Concentrate On Tamil Cinema!
- News UAE announces normalisation of diplomatic ties with Israel under deal brokered by Trump
- Finance July Retail Inflation Climbs To 6.93% On High Food Prices
- Lifestyle Acupressure For Headache: The Best Pressure Points For Relief And Precautions
- Technology Telegram's Video Calling Feature Now Available For Beta Users
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In West Bengal In August
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
BMW Motorrad has launched the new (2020) S 1000 XR Pro ADV-tourer motorcycle in the Indian market. The new BMW S 1000 XR is offered in a single 'Pro' variant and is available with a price tag of Rs 20.90 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
Bookings for the new motorcycle has commenced, with customers able to book the motorcycle both online or through any of the BMW Motorrad dealerships across the country. Deliveries for the 2020 S 1000 XR is said to begin shortly.
The new (2020) BMW S 1000 XR Pro now comes with a BS6-compliant 999cc in-line four-cylinder liquid-cooled engine. It produces 163bhp at 11,000rpm and 114Nm of peak torque at 9250rpm and is mated to a six-speed gearbox.
The suspension on the 2020 BMW S 1000 XR is handled by 45mm USD forks at the front and a mono-shock setup at the rear with a double-sided swingarm. The S 1000 XR also comes standard with Dynamic ESA (electronic self-adjusting rebound/damping). Both the front and rear suspension offer 150mm of travel, with the motorcycle riding on 17-inch wheels at either end.
Braking is handled by dual 320mm discs at the front and a single 265mm disc at the rear, supported by dual-channel ABS. The BMW S 1000 XR also comes packed with a host of other electronic aids as well. This includes slipper clutch, cornering ABS, dynamic traction control system, hill-stability control, motor-slip regulation and a bunch of others. The 2020 BMW S 1000 XR also comes with four riding modes: Rain, Road, Dynamic & Dynamic Pro.
Other standard features on the motorcycle also include LED headlamps, LED DRLs, 6.5-inch TFT instrument cluster with smartphone connectivity, adjustable windscreen, panniers and many others as well. The 2020 BMW S 1000 XR is also available in two new colour options: Racing Red & Ice Grey.
Arlindo Teixeira, acting President, BMW Group India said,
"The all-new BMW S 1000 XR is an agile achiever that sets a new benchmark in the adventure sports segment. It is a power-packed performer that brings the real racetrack feel to everyday roads. With its newly developed engine and uncompromising ergonomics, it offers awe-inspiring performance, sporty ride and long-distance capabilities."
"Riders waiting for a distinctive experience will be drawn to the multi-faceted all-new BMW S 1000 XR. It's a perfect companion, ready to hit the road for all kinds of journeys with sheer motorcycling enjoyment."
Thoughts On The 2020 BMW S 1000 XR Pro Launched In India
The BMW S 1000 XR Pro has finally arrived in the Indian market, almost a month after its sibling, the F 900 XR was launched. The new (2020) S 1000 XR from BMW Motorrad will rival the likes of the Kawasaki Versys 1000 in the Indian market.