- 4 hrs ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 6 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 7 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 9 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- Movies Bigg Boss 14: Asim Riaz Refuses To Appear On Weekend Ka Vaar And The Reason Is Related To Salman Khan
- Finance Analysts Recommend Avoiding Yes Bank; See Stock Falling Further
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Kerala Blasters FC vs Jamshedpur FC: Unlucky Kerala shares spoils with Jamshedpur
- News Farmer leaders considering postponement of Feb 1 foot march to Parliament
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
BMW Motorrad has launched the new (2020) S 1000 XR Pro ADV-tourer motorcycle in the Indian market. The new BMW S 1000 XR is offered in a single 'Pro' variant and is available with a price tag of Rs 20.90 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
Bookings for the new motorcycle has commenced, with customers able to book the motorcycle both online or through any of the BMW Motorrad dealerships across the country. Deliveries for the 2020 S 1000 XR is said to begin shortly.
The new (2020) BMW S 1000 XR Pro now comes with a BS6-compliant 999cc in-line four-cylinder liquid-cooled engine. It produces 163bhp at 11,000rpm and 114Nm of peak torque at 9250rpm and is mated to a six-speed gearbox.
The suspension on the 2020 BMW S 1000 XR is handled by 45mm USD forks at the front and a mono-shock setup at the rear with a double-sided swingarm. The S 1000 XR also comes standard with Dynamic ESA (electronic self-adjusting rebound/damping). Both the front and rear suspension offer 150mm of travel, with the motorcycle riding on 17-inch wheels at either end.
Braking is handled by dual 320mm discs at the front and a single 265mm disc at the rear, supported by dual-channel ABS. The BMW S 1000 XR also comes packed with a host of other electronic aids as well. This includes slipper clutch, cornering ABS, dynamic traction control system, hill-stability control, motor-slip regulation and a bunch of others. The 2020 BMW S 1000 XR also comes with four riding modes: Rain, Road, Dynamic & Dynamic Pro.
Other standard features on the motorcycle also include LED headlamps, LED DRLs, 6.5-inch TFT instrument cluster with smartphone connectivity, adjustable windscreen, panniers and many others as well. The 2020 BMW S 1000 XR is also available in two new colour options: Racing Red & Ice Grey.
Arlindo Teixeira, acting President, BMW Group India said,
"The all-new BMW S 1000 XR is an agile achiever that sets a new benchmark in the adventure sports segment. It is a power-packed performer that brings the real racetrack feel to everyday roads. With its newly developed engine and uncompromising ergonomics, it offers awe-inspiring performance, sporty ride and long-distance capabilities."
"Riders waiting for a distinctive experience will be drawn to the multi-faceted all-new BMW S 1000 XR. It's a perfect companion, ready to hit the road for all kinds of journeys with sheer motorcycling enjoyment."
Thoughts On The 2020 BMW S 1000 XR Pro Launched In India
The BMW S 1000 XR Pro has finally arrived in the Indian market, almost a month after its sibling, the F 900 XR was launched. The new (2020) S 1000 XR from BMW Motorrad will rival the likes of the Kawasaki Versys 1000 in the Indian market.