- 5 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 6 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 6 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 7 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: Glenn Maxwell likens Royal Challengers Bangalore role to one at Australia
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan Turns Playback Singer For Hey Sinamika; Pictures Take Social Media By Storm!
- News Pakistan working on single-dose COVID-19 vaccine with China’s help: Official
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
Ather Energy has announced that it intents to install around 135 public fast-charging 'Ather Grid' stations across 9 new markets. The company has already announced the list of new cities where it will be launching its electric scooter across the country.
The company has currently installed 37 fast-charging stations in Bengaluru and 13 in Chennai, taking the total count to 150 fast-charging stations across India. This makes Ather Energy, one of the few companies in India to have set up and contributed towards building an ecosystem for electric vehicles in the country.
Apart from giving a premium electric scooter, the company has also shown its commitment to EV revolution by investing in public infrastructure to help its customers and all other EV users for hassle-free ownership.
The Ather Grid fast-charging network can be used by all-electric two-wheelers and electric four-wheelers. Ather 450X owners can charge their electric scooter for 10 minutes and gain a charge of 15 kilometres.
The cities that are currently getting the Ather Grid charging stations include Hyderabad, Pune, Kochi, Coimbatore, Kozhikode, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Mumbai, and Delhi NCR region. Bengaluru and Chennai already have the Ather Grid stations currently up and working across both cities.
Ather Energy has signed MOUs with partners like VR Mall, PZP mall management, restaurant and cafe chains like Little Italy, Blue Tokai, Chai Kings, retail outlets like Sangeetha mobiles, and now have access to more than 250 locations across the country. The installations of the Ather Grid Points will begin before deliveries of the Ather 450X in November 2020.
The company has also announced that it will install about 5 to 10 fast charging points before delivery in each of the new markets they are expanding to. Ather Energy will continue to partner with more progressive hosts which can offer EV owners easy accessibility.
The Ather Grid charging infrastructure is supported by the Ather Grid app which allows all EV owners to look at available and unavailable locations on the home screen. The application also has filters and information related to four-wheeler friendly locations, availability of free and paid parking, location timings and more.
Ather Energy also aims to become India's largest charging infrastructure provider. It targets to set up over 6,500 charging points across the country by the year 2022.
Ravneet Phokela, Chief Business Officer, said, "Ather Grid has seen steady adoption in Bengaluru & Chennai and we believe that accessible charging infrastructure is critical before launching our products in any market we enter. What the market needs right now is more visibility of the charging infrastructure. With increased visibility comes mental comfort, curbing range anxiety. We do not need the density like petrol or CNG gas stations but increased accessibility and faster-charging speeds."
He further added, "We will ensure that the Ather Grid is present in prominent locations in every city to build confidence amongst our consumers. I feel proud to be part of the team that is building not just a high-performance scooter but also building the supporting ecosystem with it. It's a huge investment and we believe it's a necessary one to improve the adoption of EVs in India."
Thoughts About The New Ather Grid Charging Stations Added Across 11 Cities In India
Ather Energy aims to rapidly expand its business to other cities across the country as the demand for electric two-wheeler continues to increase in the country. Along with the sales expansion, the company is also looking to provide ample charging infrastructure in new cities before the deliveries of the Ather 450X is started in that particular city.