- 7 hrs ago MG Motor & Tata Power Set Up The First 50 kW Superfast EV Charging Station In Chennai: Read More!
- 9 hrs ago Volkswagen Vitrus Spotted Testing Once Again In India: Here Are All The Details!
- 12 hrs ago Okinawa Oki100 Electric Bike Teased Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 13 hrs ago BMW R nineT & R nineT Scrambler Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.75 Lakh
- Technology Flipkart Mobile Bonanza 2021 Sale: Discount Offers On Infinix Smartphones
- Movies Indian Pro Music League Grand Premiere: Salman Khan & Govinda Reunite; Sajid Remembers His Late Brother Wajid
- Education SSC CPO SI Cut-off 2020-21 Released For Male And Female
- News PM Modi to virtually inaugurate India Toy Fair 2021 today
- Sports India vs England: Michael Vaughan terms India's win in 3rd Test 'a shallow victory'; urges ICC to intervene
- Lifestyle Your Friday Fashion Roundup Ft. Parineeti Chopra, Shahana Goswami, And Amyra Dastur
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
- Finance Indian Economy Out of Recession; GDP Grows to 0.4 Percent
MotoGP, the world's premier motorcycle sport is doing everything it can to keep it's teams and fans around the globe entertained during the current Covid-19 pandemic. In order to keep the spirit of the sport, MotoGP have introduced the #StayAtHomeGP.
Some of the biggest names in the sport - from reigning Champion Marc Marquez, Maverick Vinales, Alex Rins, to Fabio Quartararo are ready to compete virtually. The racers will compete against each other via the multi-player mode in the MotoGP 19 video game.
The Autodromo del Mugello has been chosen as the venue for the virtual race that will last six laps, and racers will get a five minute qualifying time attack for grid positions. Riders will play via a private ‘Race Direction' lobby set up to invite each of them to the event, and to send them motorcycle settings.
- Repsol Honda Team: Marc Marquez, Alex Marquez
- Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP: Maverick Viñales
- Aprilia Racing Team Gresini: Aleix Espargaro
- Team Suzuki Ecstar: Alex Rins, Joan Mir
- Petronas Yamaha SRT: Fabio Quartararo
- Red Bull KTM Tech 3: Iker Lecuona, Miguel Oliveira
- Pramac Racing: Francesco Bagnaia
For VR46 fans, despite earlier confirmation, Valentino Rossi will not feature in this race. No comments or statements have been released at this time either by the racer, the team, or MotoGP.
The race is scheduled for Sunday, 29 March at 06:30 pm IST, and will be broadcast across motgp.com, esport.motogp.com, selected television broadcasters, YouTube (via the MotoGP and MotoGP eSport channels), MotoGP eSport Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook (via MotoGP and MotoGP eSport pages).
Stay tuned to social media platforms, cheer for your favourite racer, and follow the action this Sunday. The MotoGP season somewhat begins, and we'll have the first win of the season!
Thoughts About The MotoGP Virtual Race Scheduled For 29 March
We think this is a fantastic move by MotoGP to keep fans and riders entertained during this Covid-19 pandemic. We're sure a lot of folk (including some if us) will watch this go down in MotoGP history books. One can almost imagine a full set of professionals racing around a virtual track!
Having said that, what we'd like to see is a certain Doctor who has most likely quarantined himself (with a few friends), and is most certainly at full throttle around the circuit.