- 42 min ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 2 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 3 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 17 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- News Madhya Pradesh: Curfew, prohibitory orders in parts of Bhopal
- Sports Nets' Harden enters NBA history books with triple-double, Lillard leads Blazers
- Technology Who Owns Hike Messenger? Which Country It Belongs To?
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 4: Aari Arjuna To Raise This Season’s Trophy?
- Lifestyle From Purple Hair To Blue Eye Shadow To Pink Lipstick, Lady Gaga’s Recent Look Is All About Colours
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
KTM has taken the wraps off the new 890 Adventure and the limited edition 890 Adventure Rally R. Both motorcycles borrow the design and styling cues from the KTM 790 Adventure. Both the adventure motorcycle feature a new frame, new swingarm and yes, an all-new new engine also.
Mechanically, both the motorcycles are powered by an 889cc, parallel-twin BS6 engine. This motor is a tweaked version of the unit that does its duty on the KTM 890 Duke. The unit produces 103bhp of power at 8,000 rpm and 100Nm of peak torque at 6,500 rpm.
Speaking about the Adventure R first, the motorcycle gets improved riding electronic aids such as ABS, off-road ABS and traction control. There is a new switch on the handlebar for cruise control and is standard on both models and a reinforced clutch. Suspension duties are handled by 48mm WP upside-down forks at the front with 239mm of travel and a WP mono-shock at the rear with 239mm of travel.
Other features on the 890 Adventure R include a new rear steel sub-frame and an aluminium steering up-front. Braking duties are handled by twin 320mm discs up-front with 4-piston callipers and a single 260mm disc at the rear with 2-piston callipers. The motorcycle also gets a 5-inch full-colour TFT screen that provides a lot of information to the rider. It rides on a 21-inch wheel up-front and a 19-inch unit at the rear wrapped in Metzeler Karoo 3 dual-sport tyres.
On the other hand, the 890 Adventure Rally edition is just limited to 700 units and the motorcycle gets more exclusive cycle parts such as WP XPLOR Pro suspension setup for better off-road ability, an Akrapovic exhaust which is 35 per cent lighter than the one on the 890 Adventure R, a straight racing seat with 910 mm seat height and a 'rally' riding mode along with a quick-shifter, both are standard.
It will also be equipped with rally foot-pegs, anodized wheels, an updated race-tuned chassis and carbon fiber tank protectors. Also, the graphics on both motorcycles will be different. As far as these motorcycles entering our shores is concerned, we can expect the 890 Adventure R might enter our market in a couple of years, but the Adventure Rally R edition will not make it.
Thoughts About The KTM 890 Adventure Motorcycles
Both the 890 Adventure R and the Adventure Rally R edition look absolutely fantastic and both have off-road capabilities, but the Adventure Rally R takes it a notch higher with its better cycle parts. However, we would like the Adventure R to enter our market sometime in the near future.