- 7 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 8 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 8 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 10 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Movies Vakeel Saab Day 6 Box Office Collection: Here’s How Much Pawan Kalyan Starrer Has Earned So Far
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: Glenn Maxwell likens Royal Challengers Bangalore role to one at Australia
- News Pakistan working on single-dose COVID-19 vaccine with China’s help: Official
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
KTM has taken the wraps off the new 890 Adventure and the limited edition 890 Adventure Rally R. Both motorcycles borrow the design and styling cues from the KTM 790 Adventure. Both the adventure motorcycle feature a new frame, new swingarm and yes, an all-new new engine also.
Mechanically, both the motorcycles are powered by an 889cc, parallel-twin BS6 engine. This motor is a tweaked version of the unit that does its duty on the KTM 890 Duke. The unit produces 103bhp of power at 8,000 rpm and 100Nm of peak torque at 6,500 rpm.
Speaking about the Adventure R first, the motorcycle gets improved riding electronic aids such as ABS, off-road ABS and traction control. There is a new switch on the handlebar for cruise control and is standard on both models and a reinforced clutch. Suspension duties are handled by 48mm WP upside-down forks at the front with 239mm of travel and a WP mono-shock at the rear with 239mm of travel.
Other features on the 890 Adventure R include a new rear steel sub-frame and an aluminium steering up-front. Braking duties are handled by twin 320mm discs up-front with 4-piston callipers and a single 260mm disc at the rear with 2-piston callipers. The motorcycle also gets a 5-inch full-colour TFT screen that provides a lot of information to the rider. It rides on a 21-inch wheel up-front and a 19-inch unit at the rear wrapped in Metzeler Karoo 3 dual-sport tyres.
On the other hand, the 890 Adventure Rally edition is just limited to 700 units and the motorcycle gets more exclusive cycle parts such as WP XPLOR Pro suspension setup for better off-road ability, an Akrapovic exhaust which is 35 per cent lighter than the one on the 890 Adventure R, a straight racing seat with 910 mm seat height and a 'rally' riding mode along with a quick-shifter, both are standard.
It will also be equipped with rally foot-pegs, anodized wheels, an updated race-tuned chassis and carbon fiber tank protectors. Also, the graphics on both motorcycles will be different. As far as these motorcycles entering our shores is concerned, we can expect the 890 Adventure R might enter our market in a couple of years, but the Adventure Rally R edition will not make it.
Thoughts About The KTM 890 Adventure Motorcycles
Both the 890 Adventure R and the Adventure Rally R edition look absolutely fantastic and both have off-road capabilities, but the Adventure Rally R takes it a notch higher with its better cycle parts. However, we would like the Adventure R to enter our market sometime in the near future.