- 1 hr ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 2 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- 3 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Model Launching Soon: Brand Releases Teaser Via Social Media
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Innova Crysta CNG Spied Testing Ahead Of India Launch Later This Year: Spy Pics & Details
- Movies APPALLING! Vivek Oberoi’s Tweet For Aishwarya Rai & Aaradhya’s Speedy Recovery Kickstarts Meme Fest!
- Sports WWE Extreme Rules 2020: Match card, date, start time and where to watch
- Technology TRAI Asks Airtel, Vodafone-Idea To Stop Offering Priority Plans
- Lifestyle Mouni Roy, Swara Bhasker Or Aamna Sharif, Whose Light Ethnic Suit Will You Pick For Casual Function?
- Finance Biocon Shares Hit 52-Week High After DCGI Approves Its Drug For COVID-19 Treatment
- News Google to invest Rs 75,000 crore in India over next 5-7 years
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
KTM and BMW have opted out of the 2020 EICMA and the INTERMOT international motor shows. The EICMA and the INTERMOT motorcycle shows usually take place in October and November, respectively.
The EICMA and the INTERMOT are two of the world's biggest motorcycle shows this year. KTM and BMW have decided to exit both the international shows due to the current Coronavirus pandemic looming around the world.
BMWhas decided due to the lack of planning need to attend these huge motor shows in the year. Also, the company feels that with an early official announcement, the partners working with the brand to appear for these shows will get a heads-up way before.
BMW has assured that they will premier its products via an alternative platform later in the year. This will help the company make use of their digital communication channels to reach their customer base.
The KTM group has three motorcycle brands under its banner: KTM, Husqvarna, and GasGas motorcycles. The company has announced that the decision has been made to help protect the surroundings during the COVID-19 pandemic.
These shows will attract a huge number of people in enclosed spaces and the event will last for days or weeks. In light of this, the KTM group has decided to exit the motorcycle shows. Also, the company feels that there isn't enough time or preparation needed to appear for these shows.
Meanwhile, the company has confirmed that their upcoming Husqvarna motorcycles will be introduced to meet the demand and expectation of its customers. We expect the KTM group to also make use of their digital platforms to showcase its products later this year.
The INTERMOT motorcycle show is hosted in Cologne, Germany in October, while EICMA takes place in Milan, Italy in November. Both these countries belong to the European continent which is among the most affected zones across the world. Both the INTERMOT and the EICMA are likely to be cancelled as well.
Thoughts About The KTM Group & BMW Opting Out Of EICMA, INTERMOT Motor Shows Due To The COVID-19 Pandemic
The Coronavirus crisis has taken a huge toll on the automotive industry across the world. From delayed product launches, shut showrooms, massive revenue losses and cancelled motor shows, the problems currently being faced by the industry across the globe are extreme. However, brands have announced that they will introduce their products on another platform, which should offer some relief.