- 52 min ago Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Price Increase Announced Again: Here Is The Complete Price List
- 3 hrs ago MG Hector Production Cross 50,000 Units Mark: Milestone SUV Produced By All-Women Crew
- 5 hrs ago Suzuki Burgman Electric Scooter Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 5 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Review (Road Test): Is It Different Or Better Than The Vitara Brezza?
- Movies Writer Finds Rare Vintage Pictures And Autographs Of Yesteryear Bollywood Stars In Her Late Aunt’s Album
- Sports India vs England: Axar Patel picks up second consecutive fifer in Pink Ball Test, claims unique feat
- Lifestyle What To Know About Buruli Ulcer, A Flesh-Eating Disease Spreading In Australia
- News From flashy diamantaire to fugitive: Nirav Modi's long road to extradition in PNB scam
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In March
- Technology Vivo X60 Receives Indonesia Telecom, BIS Certifications; Launch Expected Soon
- Finance NIDHI Company: Things to Know Before Investing
- Education Assam Sericulture Admit Card 2021 Released, Download Grade 4 Hall Ticket At sericulture.assam.gov.in
The current lock down that is a result of the Covid-19 pandemic has brought inconvenience to the general masses, and is bringing more pain to people with other medical conditions.
Amid all the panic, one Head Constable from the Karnataka Police Force took it upon himself to deliver much needed medicines. Head Constable Kumaraswamy, who works at a Bangalore Municipal Police Control Room, rode a total of 860 kilometers on a Honda Activa, to make a delivery.
The 47 year old Head Constable heard via a news channel that a particular cancer patient needed medication. He got in touch with the news channel, and eventually the patient in need.
Mr Kumaraswamy spoke with the DS Research Center at Bangalore, organized the necessary medication and permissions he needed to deliver the medicine to the unidentified patient at Dharwad.
The police officer began his journey at 4:00 am and covered a distance of roughly 432 kilometers in just under 14 hours — fantastic time, considering the Activa's 109.19cc engine that offers 8 brake horsepower and 8.74Nm of torque.
The man-in-Khaki then traveled back to Bangalore (with an over-nighter at the Chitradurga Fire Department), covering a total distance of roughly 864 kilometers.
Head Constable Kumaraswamy's heroics have garnered attention, within the Karnataka Police Department, and over social media with everyone praising and supporting his efforts.
Covering a distance of 864 kilometers within 24 hours, during a nationwide lock down, on a scooter is a massive achievement. It displays the valor of the Police Department, and definitely shows that the Honda Activa is a very reliable scooter.
The previously announced lock down has been extended (with stricter rules) until 3 May, and while this creates major inconvenience to the masses, there are people like Head Constable Kumaraswamy who go out of their way to help those in need.
Thoughts About Head Constable Kumaraswamy Making An 864 Kilometer Journey On A Honda Activa
This is highly impressive and very commendable. DriveSpark applauds Head Constable Kumaraswamy, and the Karnataka Police Department for their commitment, and absolute ‘Act of Valor' during these testing times. Having said that, we're wondering if we can sign up to be ‘couriers' for the Police Department. And why not? There's nothing like chasing milestones on empty highways!