- 1 hr ago Gemopai Opens Four New Dealerships In Andhra Pradesh & Telangana: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago BMW G 310 R & G 310 GS Price Hike Announced In India: Here Is The New Price List
- 2 hrs ago Citroen India Inaugurates Country’s First La Maison Showroom In Ahmedabad: Here Are The Details!
- 3 hrs ago Okinawa Dual Electric Scooter Launched In India: Priced At Rs 58,998
- News Covid vaccination: Over 1 million healthcare workers get shots on day six till 6 pm
- Sports Tokyo Olympics could go ahead without fans, predicts former IOC vice president Dick Pound
- Technology BSNL Offering Lifetime Validity To Few Customers
- Lifestyle Healthy Foods To Eat During All The Three Trimesters
- Movies Prabhas’ Uncle Krishnam Raju Responds To Rebel Star’s Wedding Rumours; Here’s What He Has To Say!
- Education Do You Know Why India Celebrates Republic Day?
- Finance 4 Secure Investments To Claim Tax Benefits Under Section 80C
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
Jawa Motorcycles has launched three motorcycles in the Indian market since the brand's revival back in 2018. The company's latest offering, the Perak is a bobber style motorcycle that was launched in November 2019.
View this post on Instagram
From the desolation of a war-torn Europe, born in stealth and conceived in skunkworks, rode out an ode to the darkness, journeying towards the light. It is a journey that continues today and into the future, riding forth through bad times and good. The Perak, purring in the shadows, waiting to be unleashed. #PerakForever Special thanks to @the_genuine_profile____ for that last photo #jawamotorcycles #jawaperak #perak
A post shared by Jawa Motorcycles (@jawamotorcycles) on
The Jawa Perak retails at a price of Rs 1.94 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The deliveries of the motorcycle are yet to commence in the market. Jawa has recently launched a new teaser video showcasing the brand's history and the journey that ends with a photo of the Perak motorcycle.
Although the company has not mentioned anything officially about the commencement of the Perak deliveries, we believe it has given subtle hints in the teaser video that could lead to the start date for delivery.
Throughout the video, we noticed a motorcycle fuel-tank with a filler cap which bears the number seven. Much earlier in the video, we were able to spot the number 20 which is present on the side cover of a motorcycle. This could be hinting towards the start date for deliveries, that is July 20.
Ahead of deliveries for the Jawa Perak motorcycle, the company had launched an estimator back in January 2020 to provide an approximate time of arrival to its customers. However, the deliveries of bobber motorcycle were delayed owing to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country.
Speaking about the motorcycle itself, the Perak is the brand's flagship model. It features a bobber design with retro looks appealing to both younger and mature audience. It is powered by a liquid-cooled single-cylinder 334cc DOHC engine that produces 30bhp and 31Nm of torque.
The engine comes mated to a standard six-speed gearbox. In comparison to the other Jawa model in the line-up, the engine on the Perak is 41cc larger than the one on Jawa 300 and the Forty-Two. Therefore it produces 3bhp and 3Nm of torque more than its younger siblings.
Some of the other highlights of the Perak include an extended swingarm, a single seat for the rider, a teardrop-shaped 14-litre fuel tank, dual exhaust, lower set tail lamps with turn indicators, round-shaped headlamps, bar-end mirrors, and a single-pod analogue instrument cluster; among others.
The suspension setup on the Perak is handled by a telescopic fork at the front with fork covers and a mono-shock setup with 7-step adjustability at the rear. Braking on the motorcycle is handled by disc brakes on either end, this includes 280mm disc upfront and a 240mm disc at the rear. The Perak is offered with a dual-channel ABS as standard.
Thoughts About The Jawa Perak Deliveries Expected To Begin Soon In India
The Jawa Perak is a bobber style retro motorcycle that is surely a head-turner when seen on roads. The arrival of the motorcycle has been delayed due to the ongoing crisis, however, it looks like the company is all set to start handing over the keys to the Perak customers.