- 12 hrs ago BMW M340i xDrive Review (First Drive): The First Locally Assembled 'M' Car
- 14 hrs ago Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Sales Figures For February 2021: Outsells Nissan Magnite & Ford EcoSport
- 16 hrs ago Isuzu D-Max Regular Cab & S-Cab Prices To Be Hiked From 1 April: Here Is The New Price List!
- 19 hrs ago Dual Front Airbags Mandatory On All Cars From 1 April: Here Are The Details!
- Technology Best Water Proof Portable Bluetooth Speakers To Buy In India
- News Assam Polls: Congress announces candidates for 40 seats
- Education SSC MTS Result 2021: SSC Declares MTS Final Result And Merit List
- Sports Ex-Ranji cricketer who cheated firms posing as minister’s secretary held in Telangana
- Movies Splitsvilla 13 Grand Premiere Episode Highlights: Sunny Leone And Rannvijay Singha Introduce The Contestants
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Some Mythological Stories Of Lord Shiva That You Need To Know
- Finance NPS vs Other Tax Saving Investments: Where A Tax Saver Should Invest?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Jawa Motorcycles will start accepting bookings for the all-new Jawa Perak today. According to Autocar India, the company will start accepting bookings starting 6pm this evening. Prospective buyers can make bookings via the company's website and at authorised dealerships across the country.
The Jawa Perak was launched during November 2019 at a price of Rs 1.95 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi), making it the most affordable OEM bobber styled motorcycle in the country.
The all-new Jawa Perak features bobber like styling elements including a floating seat, bar-end mirrors, chopped fenders, and stubby exhaust mufflers. The rear sub-frame and suspension setup is also different when compared to the Jawa 42 and the Jawa 300. The Perak also features dual-channel ABS.
The Perak is also the company's first BS6 complaint motorcycle. It is powered by a 334cc, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC engine that produces 30bhp of power and 31Nm of torque.
The engine comes mated to a six-speed manual transmission, and its underpinnings include a double cradle frame, telescopic forks in the front and a mono-shock at the rear.
The motorcycle is available in a single colour scheme only - The Dark. Essentially a blackish grey paint scheme with subtle gold highlights and a tan coloured seat. Deliveries for the Jawa Perak will begin on 2 April 2020.
In Jawa related news, the company seems frustrated by conversations and articles related to motorcycle deliveries. The company's website now has a note on its homepage that attempts to clear up the confusion.
Jawa Motorcycles says that the conversations over Facebook groups and some articles state that the waiting period for their products has reduced to between 10 and 15 days.
The company says that these reports are void of facts and in fact, two customers who made such statements had booked their motorcycles over the previous months, and they were to receive the bikes within the next 10 and 15 days.
The note also states that the company has increased production and has brought waiting periods down to between 5 and 6 months. It also says that any updates about deliveries will be done only by the company.
Thoughts About Bookings Opening This Evening For The Jawa Perak
Jawa hasn't really had a fantastic start in the country. They have had multiple issues, most revolving around delivery time lines. We hope buyers are excited about the Perak and hope the motorcycle does well for the company. We'll know soon enough!