- 59 min ago Isuzu D-Max Regular Cab & S-Cab Prices To Be Hiked From 1 April: Here Is The New Price List!
- 3 hrs ago Dual Front Airbags Mandatory On All Cars From 1 April: Here Are The Details!
- 3 hrs ago 2021 Volkswagen T-Roc To Go On Sale Soon In India: Expected To Get Massive Price Hike
- 19 hrs ago New Audi S5 Sportback Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details!
- Movies Rakhi Sawant On Rubina Dilaik And Abhinav Shukla: They Are Only Close Because Of Me
- Sports BCCI honours Sunil Gavaskar on 50th anniversary of his iconic Test debut against WI; Tendulkar hails his idol
- News Pakistan PM Imran Khan wins trust vote
- Finance 5 Best Private & Public Sector Banks Providing Returns Up To 6.75% On Tax Saving FDs
- Lifestyle Disha Patani Turns Makeup Artist For Herself For A Brand Shoot And The Result Is Absolutely Amazing!
- Technology Possible Realme 8 Shows Up At Geekbench; Hints SD 720G SoC Instead Of MediaTek Helio G95 SoC
- Education Indian Coast Guard Admit Card 2021 For Navik And Yantrik To Release Soon
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
The Jawa Motorcycles facility in Pitampur is said to have started production of face shields to fight against the deadly coronavirus pandemic in India. The face shields will be distributed to doctors and healthcare workers treating COVID-19 patients.
Apart from the production of face shields, Jawa Motorcycles also announced that they are distributing over 1000 food packets every day. These food packets are being prepared at the company's factory kitchen, before being distributed to the poor in areas around the facility.
Anand Mahindra applauded the efforts of the Pithampur factory on twitter. He also shared photos of factory workers while stating, "All hands on deck! Thank you, M&M, Pitampura! I'm glad the home of the Jawa bike is displaying such character & commitment."
Jawa Motorcycles, which is part of the Mahindra Group, announced that they would be suspending production of motorcycles at their facility from the 24th of March 2020. This announcement came in-line with PM Narendra Modi's decision to put the entire country under lockdown to contain the spread of coronavirus in the country.
Mahindra has also announced that they are also producing ventilators and other medical equipment required at their various factories as well. The company recently took to twitter to showcase the prototypes of the Ventilators which were ready for approval.
The company stated that once all the approvals are received, the factories will start scaling up production of the medical equipment. These will then be distributed to doctors and all healthcare workers across the country, fighting against the coronavirus pandemic — here are the details.
Apart from Mahindra, many other manufacturers are also pledging their support for the central and state governments to fight the deadly virus. Automotive brands are offering different kinds of support, including PPE production, monetary donations or distribution of food packets and other essentials.
Thoughts On Jawa Motorcycles Producing Face Shield & Distributing Food Packets
With the entire country under lockdown and production being suspended, many automotive manufacturers are using the facilities to offer their support to the governments in whatever way possible. It is good to see all manufacturers come together at this difficult time and offer their support in containing the coronavirus pandemic in the country.