- 11 hrs ago Triumph Tiger 900 Pre-Bookings Open Officially: India Launch Expected In Coming Weeks
- 11 hrs ago Kia Soul Petrol & EV Models Being Evaluated For The Indian Market
- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Tucson Facelift India Launch Timeline Revealed: Will Rival Upcoming Skoda Karoq
- 15 hrs ago COVID-19 Lockdown: Government Extends Vehicle Document Validity Period Till 31st Of July
- Movies Salman Khan’s Bodyguard Shera Celebrates Eid With Him: My Eid Isn’t Complete Without My Maalik
- News Karnataka govt allows exemptions for ministers, airlines crew from quarantine norms
- Sports Bayern coach Flick bemoans lack of fans at 'special' Dortmund clash
- Technology Realme Power Bank 2 With Two-Way Fast Charging Launched For Rs. 999
- Lifestyle How Does Chronic Pain Affect The Immune System?
- Finance HDFC Net Profits Fall, Declares Rs 21 Per Share Dividend
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The Jawa Motorcycles facility in Pitampur is said to have started production of face shields to fight against the deadly coronavirus pandemic in India. The face shields will be distributed to doctors and healthcare workers treating COVID-19 patients.
Apart from the production of face shields, Jawa Motorcycles also announced that they are distributing over 1000 food packets every day. These food packets are being prepared at the company's factory kitchen, before being distributed to the poor in areas around the facility.
Anand Mahindra applauded the efforts of the Pithampur factory on twitter. He also shared photos of factory workers while stating, "All hands on deck! Thank you, M&M, Pitampura! I'm glad the home of the Jawa bike is displaying such character & commitment."
Jawa Motorcycles, which is part of the Mahindra Group, announced that they would be suspending production of motorcycles at their facility from the 24th of March 2020. This announcement came in-line with PM Narendra Modi's decision to put the entire country under lockdown to contain the spread of coronavirus in the country.
Mahindra has also announced that they are also producing ventilators and other medical equipment required at their various factories as well. The company recently took to twitter to showcase the prototypes of the Ventilators which were ready for approval.
The company stated that once all the approvals are received, the factories will start scaling up production of the medical equipment. These will then be distributed to doctors and all healthcare workers across the country, fighting against the coronavirus pandemic — here are the details.
Apart from Mahindra, many other manufacturers are also pledging their support for the central and state governments to fight the deadly virus. Automotive brands are offering different kinds of support, including PPE production, monetary donations or distribution of food packets and other essentials.
Thoughts On Jawa Motorcycles Producing Face Shield & Distributing Food Packets
With the entire country under lockdown and production being suspended, many automotive manufacturers are using the facilities to offer their support to the governments in whatever way possible. It is good to see all manufacturers come together at this difficult time and offer their support in containing the coronavirus pandemic in the country.