- 12 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 14 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 15 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 1 day ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar January 17 Highlights: Salman Khan Reveals No One Will Be Eliminated This Week
- Sports Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: Stalemate keeps Red Devils top of Premier League
- News Parliament panel summons Facebook and Twitter officials on Jan 21
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Jawa Motorcycle announced deliveries of the BS6 model have begun in the Indian market. The Jawa and the Jawa Forty-Two have started to reach customers. Both BS6 motorcycles were launched back in March 2020.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic and the subsequent lockdown in the country, the manufacturing operations temporarily came to a halt. As a result, the deliveries of the BS6 motorcycles were delayed in the Indian market.
According to the company, the BS6 motorcycles has undergone subtle changes apart from the engine achieving BS6 compliance. Jawa Motorcycles has given the BS6 engine a cross port technology. This results in increasing the volumetric efficiency of the engine and aids for better emission control.
The technology also helps the motorcycle retain its distinctive twin exhaust design in its BS6 iteration as well. Apart from the new engine technology, the company also claims that the motorcycle's throttle response has become sharper with improved fuelling. The BS6 motorcycle also features a newly position oxygen to control the air to fuel ratio.
However, the capacity of the engine remains unchanged from the ones that powered the BS4 models. The liquid-cooled, single-cylinder 293cc engine now produces a maximum of 26.2bhp and a peak torque of 27.05Nm — a decreased of 0.8bhp and 0.95Nm of torque from the BS4 model. The engine continues to come mated to a six-speed gearbox.
Other changes made to the BS6 motorcycle include a revised seat design with a new pan and cushioning that helps in longer journeys. The company has also increased the quality of chrome plating by increasing the testing standards to 250 per cent more than the rated industry standard.
Additionally, the BS6 motorcycles feature a different horn-tone and slicker gearshift and more. All the above changes made to the motorcycle has also resulted in a slight increase in weight as compared to the BS4 model. The updated motorcycle tips the scale at 172kgs, which is 2 kilograms more than the previous model.
The standard Jawa BS6 model with a single-channel ABS retails at a starting price of Rs 1.73 lakh, while the dual-channel ABS variant prices start at Rs 1.82 lakh. Similarly, the Jawa Forty-Two BS6 single-channel ABS variant is priced at Rs 1.60 lakh, while the dual-channel ABS variant costs Rs 1.69 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
In addition to this, the company has also announced attractive finance schemes and offers for its customers looking to purchase any motorcycle in the line-up. The offer includes 100 per cent financing with zero down payment depending on the eligibility of the customer.
It also includes flexible repayment schemes, where customers can opt for a 50 per cent discount on the first three EMIs, or a special monthly instalment of Rs 5,555. In addition to this, customers can also opt for a two-year loan period with an EMI as low as Rs 8,000, while a three-year tenure attracts an EMI of Rs 6,000.
Thoughts About The Jawa & Jawa Forty Two BS6 Deliveries Begin In India
Jawa Motorcycles has made subtle changes to the BS6 motorcycle along with an updated engine that complies with the latest emission standards. The changes made to the motorcycle have resulted in improved power delivery and fuelling. However, there is a negligible drop in power along with a slight increase in weight.