- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 4 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 6 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- 6 hrs ago Skoda Karoq Restock Expected Soon In India: Could Be Locally Assembled
- News Rahul assures revisiting GST when Cong is voted to power at Centre
- Finance FM Launches Mobile App for Union Budget 2021
- Sports McIlroy turns tables on Hatton to set up thrilling final day
- Movies Larry King Of Larry King Live Fame Passes Away At The Age Of 87
- Lifestyle 17 Herbal Remedies To Get Rid Of Hot Flashes
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Technology Realme X7 Series RAM, Storage, And Color Options Leaked; Launch Expected For February 4
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
Jawa Motorcycles is said to be working on introducing an electric motorcycle in the Indian market. A new Jawa electric bike is said to be currently under development by the brand, with its unveil expected only in 2021.
According to reports from Autocar India, the new Jawa electric motorcycle is being worked on behind the scenes. Reports also suggest that Classic Legends is working on the electric motorcycle project independently of Mahindra. However, given Mahindra's experience with EVs over the years, some knowledge transfer is bound to still take place.
Jawa Motorcycles, similar to its petrol-powered offerings is working to ensure high-levels of localisation for their upcoming electric bike. This will, however, exclude parts such as the battery cells and the BMS (Battery Management System), which will have to be imported.
The new Jawa electric motorcycle could carry forward the retro-classic design theme, similar to its current petrol-powered offerings. However, with the electric powertrain in place, the electric bike could still manage to feature certain futuristic and modern design aspects as well, while also coming with a host of features as well.
Apart from this, there is very little information to go by regarding the Jawa electric bike at this point. The company is still quite some time away from actually unveiling the model in the market.
Jawa BS6 motorcycles recently started arriving at dealerships across India. The company introduced BS6 versions of their Jawa, Jawa forty-two and Perak earlier this year, however, deliveries were delayed due to the subsequent lockdown across India.
Although launched earlier during the year, Jawa announced the power and torque figures of their motorcycles only post lockdown. Similar to their older versions, both the Jawa and Jawa forty-two models are powered by the same 293cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine.
The updated BS6-compliant units though produce 26.2bhp and 27Nm of peak torque, which is a slight drop (0.8bhp and 0.95Nm less) compared to its BS4 versions and comes mated to a six-speed gearbox.
The Jawa Perak bobber-style motorcycle, on the other hand, comes powered by a 334cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled unit. It produces 30bhp and 31Nm of peak torque, mated to the same six-speed gearbox.
Thoughts On The Jawa Electric Motorcycle For India
Jawa is said to be working internally on an electric motorcycle for the Indian market. However, the development is still in its early stages, with a possible unveil expected only in 2021 while its launch could take place later.