- 52 min ago New Toyota-Maruti Suzuki SUV Coming Soon: To Rival The Hyundai Creta & Kia Seltos
- 14 hrs ago KTM Bicycles Launched In India By AlphaVector: Prices Start At Rs 30,000
- 16 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India For November 2020: Maruti Suzuki Continues To Dominate With Swift & Baleno
- 16 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Year-End Discounts In December 2020: Benefits Up To Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- Movies Rakul Preet Singh Takes Part In Online Blood Donation Campaign; Requests Fans To Join The Network
- News GHMC Election Results 2020: BJP put up a stellar show
- Sports COVID effect: Cricket Australia bans mini bar in hotel rooms for Big Bash
- Finance RBI Asks Banks To Not Declare Dividend For FY21; Retain Profit Made In FY20
- Technology Realme Buds Air 2 Gets FCC Certification Hinting Imminent Launch
- Lifestyle Sonakshi Sinha Is A Vision In Sheer White Crop Top And Bodycon Skirt, Details And Price Inside!
- Education AYUSH Counselling Result 2020: Check AYUSH NEET UG Counselling 2020 Result Link
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
Jawa Motorcycles have announced the achievement of a sales milestone. The company has registered 50,000 units of sales in an effective 12 month of full operations. Classic Legends stated that they have been witnessing a steady growth in demand for Jawa Motorcycles in the Indian market.
The company is now said to be looking at expanding its presence across the country. The brand will soon be expanding to new cities, locations, setting up new sales and service touchpoints and dealerships.
Also to meet the growing demand in the Indian market, Jawa Motorcycles will also be expanding its production capacity. Currently, their manufacturing facility at Pithampur, Madhya Pradesh has a capacity of producing 0.5 million vehicles per year. This is set to increase very soon.
In a release, Classic Legends stated, "Jawa Motorcycle crosses the sale of 50,000 bikes. This has been achieved in an effective 12 months of full operations, considering a complete halt during the lockdown period with near-zero inventories due to the waiting period the brand commands."
Ashish Singh Joshi, CEO, Classic Legends, said,
"As the newest entrant in the Indian motorcycle market, we are proud of what we have achieved in such a short duration. As a relatively recent start-up, Classic Legends has readied a full-scale production facility to support the three models that we introduced as a part of the resurrection of the Jawa brand, set up an unparalleled and widespread sales network; and have ramped up all our operations constantly to meet customer demands."
Jawa Motorcycles currently have three models on offer, the Jawa, Jawa forty-two and the Perak. Both the Jawa and Jawa forty-two were launched back in November 2018, with the Perak bobber offering being introduced a year later in November 2019.
The Jawa and Jawa forty-two come powered by a 293cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine. It produces 25bhp and 27Nm of peak torque, mated to a six-speed gearbox. Both motorcycles are further offered in two trims: single-channel ABS or dual-channel ABS. Prices for the Jawa forty two and Jawa start at Rs 1.65 lakh and Rs 1.74 lakh, respectively. All prices are ex-showroom (Delih).
The Jawa Perak, on the other hand, comes with a slightly more powerful 338cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine. It produces 30bhp and 32Nm of peak torque, paired with the same six-speed gearbox. The Jawa Perak is offered with a price tag of Rs 1.94 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts On The Jawa Motorcycles Sales Milestone In India
The Jawa Motorcycles were reintroduced in the Indian market back in November 2018 after much hype and buzz. However, it soon fell prey to a number of issues and problems, most of which has now been resolved. The company is now slowly witnessing a growing demand, which they hope will help them sell the next 50,000 units in a quicker time span.