- 1 hr ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- 4 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Model Launching Soon: Brand Releases Teaser Via Social Media
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Innova Crysta CNG Spied Testing Ahead Of India Launch Later This Year: Spy Pics & Details
- News Rajasthan crisis: CLP passes resolution supporting Ashok Gehlot-led govt
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Technology Intel Thunderbolt 4 Universal Dock Officially Announced: What Caught Our Attention?
- Sports England's batting still their nemesis: Nasser Hussain
- Movies Amitabh And Abhishek Bachchan Clinically Stable; Do Not Require Aggressive Treatment For COVID-19
- Lifestyle Mouni Roy, Swara Bhasker Or Aamna Sharif, Whose Light Ethnic Suit Will You Pick For Casual Function?
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Organisers of the 2020 Intermot Motorcycle Show to be held at Cologne in Germany have announced that the show has been cancelled. The announcement comes after the United Kingdom's Motorcycle Live Show was cancelled.
The Intermot Motorcycle Show is run every two years between 6 and 11 October. The show will now return only in 2022.
A statement released by the German Motorcycle Industry Association (IVM) and Koelnmesse GmbH, stated that the decision to cancel this year's trade fair was taken after consulting with key players in the industry.
The body consulted with the industry to review the health of exhibitors and visitors, and the exposure that the Covid-19 virus might bring.
The statement read, "An event that depends on its appeal as an experience cannot be held in this form at this point in time and thus does not meet the expectations and needs of the industry."
The organisers are now planning digital events scheduled towards the end of the year in order to keep the global motorcycling community in the know of Industry news, innovations, and other developments.
The statement said, "Our customers' resources for 2021 are already under heavy strain as a result of the Covid-19 crisis. As an important part of the motorcycle industry, however, and particularly in difficult times, we want to actively support our partners and are now working full steam on a digital format."
"With the digital INTERMOT news stream, we are creating a communication platform that will provide sustainable inspiration for the industry and the motorcycle community alike. We can then turn our full focus to the event scheduled for 2022," it added.
The Germany based Intermot show will not return until 2022. Meanwhile in the United Kingdom, the Motorcycle Live Show that was scheduled to be held in Birmingham between 21 and 29 November this year, has now rescheduled to be held between 20 and 28 November next year.
The world's most popular motorcycle show, the EICMA 2020 is still as scheduled and will be hosted in Milan during November this year. However, big names like KTM and BMW Motorrad have announced that they wouldn't participate at this year's edition. Whether the EICMA 2020 show will go ahead as planned is under debate for now.
Thoughts About The 2020 Intermot Motorcycle Show Being Cancelled
While it doesn't come across as a surprise, it is bad news for motorcycle fans and enthusiasts. Enthusiasts look forward to motorcycle shows to know about new developments in the industry, and look forward to all the motorcycles on display. Well, next year perhaps.