- 10 hrs ago Datsun Car Discounts For November 2020: GO+, GO & Redi-GO Receive Benefits Up To Rs 51,000
- 12 hrs ago Supreme Court To Pass Final Judgment On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- 14 hrs ago Mahindra Thar Secures Four-Star Rating At Global NCAP Crash Tests: Watch The Test Video Here!
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki ZX-10R & ZX-10RR Unveiled Globally: India Launch Expected Next Year
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 November 25 Highlights: Rubina & Abhinav Protest Against Captain Kavita
- Sports Sourav Ganguly condoles death of Diego Maradona, tweets "My hero no more, my mad genius rest in peace"
- News Bharat Bandh on November 26: Trade unions to go on nationwide strike today
- Finance Lakshmi Vilas Bank Shares Suspended From Trading From 26 Nov
- Technology Micromax In Note 1 Next Sale Date Announced; To Go On Sale On December 1
- Lifestyle Bittersweet Thanksgiving 2020 For Grandma Who Accidentally Texted US Teen In 2016 For Dinner
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In December
- Education Nainital Bank Admit Card 2020 Released For PO And Clerk, Check Direct Link To Download
Organisers of the 2020 Intermot Motorcycle Show to be held at Cologne in Germany have announced that the show has been cancelled. The announcement comes after the United Kingdom's Motorcycle Live Show was cancelled.
The Intermot Motorcycle Show is run every two years between 6 and 11 October. The show will now return only in 2022.
A statement released by the German Motorcycle Industry Association (IVM) and Koelnmesse GmbH, stated that the decision to cancel this year's trade fair was taken after consulting with key players in the industry.
The body consulted with the industry to review the health of exhibitors and visitors, and the exposure that the Covid-19 virus might bring.
The statement read, "An event that depends on its appeal as an experience cannot be held in this form at this point in time and thus does not meet the expectations and needs of the industry."
The organisers are now planning digital events scheduled towards the end of the year in order to keep the global motorcycling community in the know of Industry news, innovations, and other developments.
The statement said, "Our customers' resources for 2021 are already under heavy strain as a result of the Covid-19 crisis. As an important part of the motorcycle industry, however, and particularly in difficult times, we want to actively support our partners and are now working full steam on a digital format."
"With the digital INTERMOT news stream, we are creating a communication platform that will provide sustainable inspiration for the industry and the motorcycle community alike. We can then turn our full focus to the event scheduled for 2022," it added.
The Germany based Intermot show will not return until 2022. Meanwhile in the United Kingdom, the Motorcycle Live Show that was scheduled to be held in Birmingham between 21 and 29 November this year, has now rescheduled to be held between 20 and 28 November next year.
The world's most popular motorcycle show, the EICMA 2020 is still as scheduled and will be hosted in Milan during November this year. However, big names like KTM and BMW Motorrad have announced that they wouldn't participate at this year's edition. Whether the EICMA 2020 show will go ahead as planned is under debate for now.
Thoughts About The 2020 Intermot Motorcycle Show Being Cancelled
While it doesn't come across as a surprise, it is bad news for motorcycle fans and enthusiasts. Enthusiasts look forward to motorcycle shows to know about new developments in the industry, and look forward to all the motorcycles on display. Well, next year perhaps.