- 13 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 15 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 16 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 1 day ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar January 17 Highlights: Salman Khan Reveals No One Will Be Eliminated This Week
- Sports Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: Stalemate keeps Red Devils top of Premier League
- News Parliament panel summons Facebook and Twitter officials on Jan 21
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Husqvarna Motorcycles will be launching its Svartpilen and Vitpilen 401 motorcycles in the Indian market. These motorcycles were expected to debut with the brand last year in the country. However, the motorcycles manufacturer brought in the smaller 250's.
According to the latest reports from IAB, Husqvarna is expected to launch the Svartpilen 401 and the Vitpilen 401 sometime by the end of this year in the Indian market. Both the motorcycles share most of their components between them. However, there are some differences in design and features.
The Svartpilen 401 (called the Black Arrow) is a scrambler-style motorcycle and features a modern-retro design. A round-shaped headlamp with integrated LED DRLs and a fully-digital instrument cluster adds to the modern-retro looks.
Being off-road biased, the Svartpilen 401 comes equipped with dual-purpose knobby tyres, and a single-piece raised and wide handlebar offering an upright riding position. It also features a tank rack to mount a bag.
Speaking about the Husqvarna 401 (called the Silver Arrow) shares most of its equipment and features with its scrambler sibling. However, the Vitpilen is a cafe-racer style motorcycle that features softer compound on-road tyres, low-set clip-on handlebars, and an aggressive riding position.
The Svartpilen 401 features a dual-tone paint scheme with a dark-grey tank and a silver colour tail section. While the paint scheme on the Vitpilen is opposite to that of the Svartpilen and features a silver tank and a grey tail section.
Both the 401s are powered by a 373cc single-cylinder engine borrowed from KTM motorcycles. The liquid-cooled, single-cylinder engine produces 44bhp and 37Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a six-speed gearbox, and a slipper-assist clutch.
The suspension setup on both the motorcycles is handled by 43 mm WP Apex USD forks at the front and WP Apex mono-shock at the rear. Braking on both motorcycles are done via a 300mm disc up-front, and a 230mm disc at the rear; supported by dual-channel ABS. Both motorcycles are likely to alloy wheels replacing the spoked wheels seen on the international-spec models.
Thoughts About Husqvarna Svartpilen & Vitpilen 401 Expected India Launch In This Year
Husqvarna Motorcycles unveiled their entry-level models the Svartpilen & Vitpilen 250 in December last year. The company could launch the bigger capacity motorcycles, to mark its year anniversary in India. Once launched, the Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 and the Vitpilen 401 will rival the likes of Duke 390 and the Domniar 400; among other in the Indian market.