- 7 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 8 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 9 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 10 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Movies Vakeel Saab Day 6 Box Office Collection: Here’s How Much Pawan Kalyan Starrer Has Earned So Far
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: Glenn Maxwell likens Royal Challengers Bangalore role to one at Australia
- News Pakistan working on single-dose COVID-19 vaccine with China’s help: Official
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
Husqvarna Motorcycles will be launching its Svartpilen and Vitpilen 401 motorcycles in the Indian market. These motorcycles were expected to debut with the brand last year in the country. However, the motorcycles manufacturer brought in the smaller 250's.
According to the latest reports from IAB, Husqvarna is expected to launch the Svartpilen 401 and the Vitpilen 401 sometime by the end of this year in the Indian market. Both the motorcycles share most of their components between them. However, there are some differences in design and features.
The Svartpilen 401 (called the Black Arrow) is a scrambler-style motorcycle and features a modern-retro design. A round-shaped headlamp with integrated LED DRLs and a fully-digital instrument cluster adds to the modern-retro looks.
Being off-road biased, the Svartpilen 401 comes equipped with dual-purpose knobby tyres, and a single-piece raised and wide handlebar offering an upright riding position. It also features a tank rack to mount a bag.
Speaking about the Husqvarna 401 (called the Silver Arrow) shares most of its equipment and features with its scrambler sibling. However, the Vitpilen is a cafe-racer style motorcycle that features softer compound on-road tyres, low-set clip-on handlebars, and an aggressive riding position.
The Svartpilen 401 features a dual-tone paint scheme with a dark-grey tank and a silver colour tail section. While the paint scheme on the Vitpilen is opposite to that of the Svartpilen and features a silver tank and a grey tail section.
Both the 401s are powered by a 373cc single-cylinder engine borrowed from KTM motorcycles. The liquid-cooled, single-cylinder engine produces 44bhp and 37Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a six-speed gearbox, and a slipper-assist clutch.
The suspension setup on both the motorcycles is handled by 43 mm WP Apex USD forks at the front and WP Apex mono-shock at the rear. Braking on both motorcycles are done via a 300mm disc up-front, and a 230mm disc at the rear; supported by dual-channel ABS. Both motorcycles are likely to alloy wheels replacing the spoked wheels seen on the international-spec models.
Thoughts About Husqvarna Svartpilen & Vitpilen 401 Expected India Launch In This Year
Husqvarna Motorcycles unveiled their entry-level models the Svartpilen & Vitpilen 250 in December last year. The company could launch the bigger capacity motorcycles, to mark its year anniversary in India. Once launched, the Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 and the Vitpilen 401 will rival the likes of Duke 390 and the Domniar 400; among other in the Indian market.