- 13 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 15 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 16 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 1 day ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar January 17 Highlights: Salman Khan Reveals No One Will Be Eliminated This Week
- Sports Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: Stalemate keeps Red Devils top of Premier League
- News Parliament panel summons Facebook and Twitter officials on Jan 21
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Honda has increased the prices of the BS6 Unicorn, Activa 125 and the Dio. However, the Dio and the Activa 125 both get a hike for the second time this year after the BS6 update. Read more to find out.
Honda launched the BS6 Unicorn earlier this year in February at a price of Rs 93,593 and is available in only a single variant. The Unicorn got a hike off Rs 955, and the new price of the BS6 Unicorn stands at Rs 94,548. When launched, the BS6 model was Rs 13,000 expensive over the BS4 model. All prices are ex-showroom.
The new (2020) Honda Unicorn comes powered by a BS6-compliant 162cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine. It produces 12.7bhp at 7500rpm and 14Nm of peak torque at 5000rpm. The engine comes with Honda's PGM-Fi technology as well as HET (Honda Eco Technology). Honda claims that the updated engine offers enhanced refinement, improved fuel-efficiency figures and plenty of low-end torque.
Now coming to the Activa 125 BS6. The company launched the country's first BS6 compliant two-wheelers in the country, with their popular Activa 125 by the end of last year at a price of Rs 67,490, ex-showroom (India). The Activa 125 got its first price hike in April this year and now the scooter has received a second price hike.
The scooter is now Rs 955 more expensive. The revised prices of the scooter are as follows: Rs 68,997 for Activa 125 dry variant, Rs 72,497 for drum-alloy variant, and Rs 75,997 for front disc variants. All prices are ex-showroom.
Mechanically the Active 125 BS6 is powered by a new 124cc single-cylinder fuel-injected engine. The unit churns out 8.4bhp of power and 10.54Nm of peak torque. The engine is BS-VI compliant and comes with Honda's silent start and idling stop system.
Speaking About the BS6 Honda Dio, the company launched the all-new Honda Dio BS6 scooter earlier this year at a starting price of Rs 59,990 for the base variant and Rs 63,340 for the DLX variant. The scooter also received its first price hike soon after it launched and now the company has increased the prices for the second time. The new updated prices for the Honda Dio BS6 are Rs 61,497 for the base variant and Rs 64,847 for the DLX variant. All prices are ex-showroom.
The Dio BS6 is powered by a 110cc BS6 engine with Honda's PGM-FI technology as well as ESP (Enhanced Smart Power) system. The 110cc engine on the Honda Dio scooter produces 7.6bhp of power at 8000rpm and 9Nm of peak torque at 4750rpm. The engine also comes with Honda's patented ACG system which ensures silent, jolt-free starts every time.
Thoughts About The Price Hike Done By Honda
The Unicorn, Activa 125 and the Dio, all are excellent commuter vehicles and the people love it, especially youngsters. So we think that this hike in the price will not affect the sales of the company that much.