- 12 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG Variant Production Beings: India Launch Expected Soon
- 14 hrs ago Jeep Compass Facelift Global Unveil Set To June 4: Here Are All The Details
- 15 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.48 Crore
- 16 hrs ago New Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.33 Crore
- Finance BPCL Launches Whatsapp Facility For Booking Cooking Gas: Here's How To Do?
- Technology TikTok App Download For JioPhone: How To Install TikTok App In JioPhone
- News Mumbai: 25 rescued after fire breaks out at Hotel Fortune on Marine Lines
- Movies Prithviraj's Aadujeevitham: Here's Everything You Need To Know About The Next Schedule!
- Lifestyle Did You Know That Talking To Yourself Can Reduce Stress? The Benefits Of Positive Self-talk
- Sports Dravid says non-contracted and U-19 players have received mental health lessons in lockdown
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Honda Motorcycles & Scooters India (HMSI) has launched the BS6 iteration of the popular Unicorn motorcycle in the Indian market. The new Honda Unicorn 160 BS6 is now offered with a price tag of Rs 93,593, ex-showroom (Delhi). The new Unicorn 160 BS6 model also features a number of cosmetic updates as well.
The new Honda Unicorn 16 BS6 will now be called just ‘Unicorn'. This is because of the fact that the company has discontinued the Unicorn 150, leaving the new 160cc model the single version available in the market. The new BS6-compliant Honda Unicorn replaces the Unicorn 150 while receiving a steep price hike of Rs 13,500.
Speaking on the launch, Minoru Kato, President, CEO & Managing Director, HMSI said,
"Unicorn was the first motorcycle introduced by Honda in India. Since its launch, it has always been the benchmark when it comes to engine refinement and smooth performance. With a legacy of more than 16 years, brand Unicorn has been the first choice of more than 2.5 million families."
Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing, HMSI said,
"With the new advanced PGM-FI HET 160 cc engine delivering more power, Unicorn BS6 will raise the bar for seamless refined performance along with the trust of Honda reliability."
In terms of design, the new Honda Unicorn BS6 model comes with a number of updates. This includes a broader front cowl with a smoked screen and chrome garnish, semi-digital instrument cluster, chrome accents on the side, chrome lettering for the nameplate and a 3D Honda logo. The new Unicorn BS6, however, retains the signature taillight from the previous model.
Other updates also include the addition of an engine kill switch, 8mm increased ground clearance and the seat height which has also been increased by 24mm as well.
The new BS6-iteration of the Unicorn continues to feature the brand's low rolling-resistance tubeless tyres, HET technology, telescopic front forks, mono-shock suspension at the rear and single-channel ABS.
The new (2020) Honda Unicorn comes powered by a BS6-compliant 162cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine. It produces 12.7bhp at 7500rpm and 14Nm of peak torque at 5000rpm. The engine comes with Honda's PGM-Fi technology as well as HET (Honda Eco Technology).
Honda claims that the updated engine offers enhanced refinement, improved fuel-efficiency figures and plenty of low-end torque. The new Unicorn also comes with a counter-weight balancer reducing vibrations and smoother acceleration.
Honda also offers the BS6-compliant Unicorn with a six-year warranty package. This includes a 3-year standard warranty with another 3-year optional package on offer as well. The new Unicorn BS6 is offered in three distinct colours, Pearl Igneous Black, Imperial Red Metallic & Matte Axis Grey Metallic.
Thoughts On The 2020 Honda Unicorn BS6
The Honda Unicorn is one of the most popular motorcycles in the premium commuter segment in the Indian market. The new BS6 iteration will allow the brand to further build on its success, with an aim to improve sales of the motorcycle as well.