- 1 hr ago Suzuki Gixxer 250 & SF 250 BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.63 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Primarily Rival The Hyundai Venue
- 10 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Deliveries Resumes After Lockdown Relaxations In Select Cities
- 12 hrs ago Skoda Rapid TSI Automatic Variant Expected India Launch Later This Year
- Movies Raj Anadkat On TMKOC Completing 3000 Episodes: 'There Will Be Some Grand Dhamakedar Celebrations'
- News Earthquake hits Delhi
- Sports Vanuatu T10 Super League 2020: MyTeam11 Fantasy Tips: Mighty Efate Panthers vs Ifira Sharks
- Technology BSNL Offering 2GB Data Per Day For One Year With Rs. 899 Plan
- Lifestyle Auspicious Hindu Wedding Dates In The Month Of June 2020
- Finance Core Sector Output Slumps 38.1% As Covid-19 Takes A Toll
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Honda Motorcycles & Scooters India (HMSI) has announced a total growth of 5% in the month of March 2020. The company registered sales of 2,61,669 units in the previous month, compared to 2,49,136 units in March 2019.
Honda Two-wheelers also announced an 11% growth in the domestic market during March 2020. The company stated that they recorded 2,45,669 units of sales in the domestic market in March 2020, against 2,22,325 units last year. HMSI's two-wheeler export sales stood at 16,000 units during the same period.
Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Director - Sales & Marketing, HMSI Pvt. Ltd. said,
"Despite all efforts, 2019-20 has been a challenging year in more ways than one. COVID-19 impact derailed industry's plans and has severely impacted the automobile ecosystem - right from supply chain to dealers. As a responsible manufacturer, Honda is committed to taking care of all its stakeholders and society at large in these uncertain times."
HMSI was the first two-wheeler manufacturer in the country to introduce BS6-compliant offerings in the Indian market. The company introduced the Activa 125 Fi, six months ahead of the BS6 deadline and since then has gone on to further introduce a number of other models as well. This includes the latest iteration of their most popular offering, the Activa 6G.
Honda two-wheelers shut down operations at its facility on the 22nd of March, in response to the lockdown. However, the company is ensuring support to all its business partners during this tough period.
The company has also announced an extension of warranty and free service period for its customers. All free service and warranty periods ending between 15th March and 15th April have been extended for two months.
Honda India Foundation has also announced a total relief fund donation of Rs 11 crore towards the fight against covid-19. As part of their aid, the company will be supplying 2000 Honda-powered high-pressure backpack sprayers to various government and healthcare officials.
Thoughts On HMSI Sales Growth Amidst Coronavirus Lockdown
Honda Motorcycles and Scooters India have managed to register a surprising double-digit growth in domestic sales. This is even after having shut down operations for almost the entire second half of March 2020. However, with the situation set to extend into April as well, we will have to wait and see how sales will vary in the coming months.