- 31 min ago Atum 1.0 Cafe-Racer Style Electric Motorcycle Commences Its Deliveries: Read More To Find Out!
- 52 min ago 2021 Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine Review Video: Here Are Our First Impressions Of The Luxury Sedan
- 1 hr ago Bike Sales Report For February 2021: Bajaj Auto Registers An Overall Yearly Growth Of 6 Per Cent
- 2 hrs ago Review: Mercedes-Benz A-Class Sedan — When Style Meets Aerodynamics
- News Vaccination will be absolutely free in entire Bihar: Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
- Movies Alia Bhatt Confirms Starring In Darlings; To Co-Produce The Film With Shah Rukh Khan; See Announcement Video
- Sports India vs England: Viv Richards confused about moaning and groaning about spin-friendly pitches
- Technology Apple iPad Pro 2021 With A14 Chipset Likely To Go Official In March
- Finance Bitcoin Continues To Drop From All Time High; Down Over 26%
- Education Maharashtra Class 10, 12 Board Exams 2021 Will Be Conducted, Says Gaikwad Amid Surge In Covid Cases
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Honda Motorcycles & Scooters India (HMSI) has announced a total growth of 5% in the month of March 2020. The company registered sales of 2,61,669 units in the previous month, compared to 2,49,136 units in March 2019.
Honda Two-wheelers also announced an 11% growth in the domestic market during March 2020. The company stated that they recorded 2,45,669 units of sales in the domestic market in March 2020, against 2,22,325 units last year. HMSI's two-wheeler export sales stood at 16,000 units during the same period.
Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Director - Sales & Marketing, HMSI Pvt. Ltd. said,
"Despite all efforts, 2019-20 has been a challenging year in more ways than one. COVID-19 impact derailed industry's plans and has severely impacted the automobile ecosystem - right from supply chain to dealers. As a responsible manufacturer, Honda is committed to taking care of all its stakeholders and society at large in these uncertain times."
HMSI was the first two-wheeler manufacturer in the country to introduce BS6-compliant offerings in the Indian market. The company introduced the Activa 125 Fi, six months ahead of the BS6 deadline and since then has gone on to further introduce a number of other models as well. This includes the latest iteration of their most popular offering, the Activa 6G.
Honda two-wheelers shut down operations at its facility on the 22nd of March, in response to the lockdown. However, the company is ensuring support to all its business partners during this tough period.
The company has also announced an extension of warranty and free service period for its customers. All free service and warranty periods ending between 15th March and 15th April have been extended for two months.
Honda India Foundation has also announced a total relief fund donation of Rs 11 crore towards the fight against covid-19. As part of their aid, the company will be supplying 2000 Honda-powered high-pressure backpack sprayers to various government and healthcare officials.
Thoughts On HMSI Sales Growth Amidst Coronavirus Lockdown
Honda Motorcycles and Scooters India have managed to register a surprising double-digit growth in domestic sales. This is even after having shut down operations for almost the entire second half of March 2020. However, with the situation set to extend into April as well, we will have to wait and see how sales will vary in the coming months.