- 12 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG Variant Production Beings: India Launch Expected Soon
- 14 hrs ago Jeep Compass Facelift Global Unveil Set To June 4: Here Are All The Details
- 15 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.48 Crore
- 16 hrs ago New Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.33 Crore
- Finance BPCL Launches Whatsapp Facility For Booking Cooking Gas: Here's How To Do?
- Technology TikTok App Download For JioPhone: How To Install TikTok App In JioPhone
- News Mumbai: 25 rescued after fire breaks out at Hotel Fortune on Marine Lines
- Movies Prithviraj's Aadujeevitham: Here's Everything You Need To Know About The Next Schedule!
- Lifestyle Did You Know That Talking To Yourself Can Reduce Stress? The Benefits Of Positive Self-talk
- Sports Dravid says non-contracted and U-19 players have received mental health lessons in lockdown
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India has announced that they have registered collective sales of over 1 lakh units for BS6 versions of the Activa 6G, Activa 125, and SP 125 models.
Honda claims the engine on the new Activa 125 BS6 models offer a 13 percent increase in efficiency as compared to the BS4 compliant models. The Activa 6G BS6 models and the SP 125 BS6 models offer a 10 percent and 16 percent increase in efficiency, respectively.
The Japanese two-wheeler giant has been at the forefront of the movement from BS4 to BS6 compliance, and started offering BS6 compliant models over six months in advance of the 1 April deadline.
Mr Yadvinder Singh Guleria, the Senior Vice President for Sales & Marketing at Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt Ltd said, "Honda is proud to lead BS-VI transition in two-wheeler industry almost 6 months ahead of the deadline."
"Our advanced technologies like Enhanced Smart Power (ESP), many first-in-segment features like ACG starter motor and significant mileage-up have started #AquietRevolution," he added.
Honda also offers a six year warranty package across its BS6 offerings making it a two-wheeler industry first. The six year warranty package includes a three year standard warranty and a three year extended warranty (optional).
The company also has attractive financial packages, and is offering benefits of up to Rs 10,000 across the BS6 models.
As part of their #AQuietRevolution, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India will manufacture only BS6 compliant two-wheelers going forward. The move from BS4 to BS6 compliance will also see unsuccessful models like the Navi and the Cliq discontinued.
The company is planning to upgrade is range of Dio scooters and will launch the models shortly. Honda will probably mount the same 109.51cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled, fuel-injected petrol engine that is featured on the Activa 6G - something they have done in the past.
Thoughts About Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Crossing The 1 Lakh Mark For Collective Sales Of BS6 Two Wheelers
Good move Honda! Manufacturers that adopted a move to BS6 compliance definitely have an advantage over those who are still transitioning. Honda has always been at the forefront of the BS6 revolution in the country, and we expect that they continue to be.