- 1 hr ago Omega Seiki Electric Three-Wheelers With Log 9 Battery Pack Takes 30 Minutes For Full Charge
- 3 hrs ago Piaggio India Opens 100 dealerships In 100 Days: A New Milestone Achieved!
- 3 hrs ago White Carbon Motors GT5 Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago The Largest Business Jet Gets Features From Rafale Fighter: Dassault Falcon 10X Unveiled
- Sports FIFA details $5M handed to players claiming unpaid salaries
- Finance 11 Top 5G Tech Stocks To Invest In India 2021 Which May Become Multibaggers In This Decade
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas’ Goddess Kali Jacket Has Gone Viral; Some Don’t Like It But We Love It; Details Inside!
- Movies Nick Jonas Spills A Bedroom Secret Of Him And Wife Priyanka Chopra And Its Unmissable
- News Major Opposition parties write to PM Modi, demand free mass vaccination, suspension of Central Vista project
- Education Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Know The Significance Behind The Celebration Of This Festival
- Travel Places To Visit In Puducherry In May 2021
- Technology Poco M3 Pro 5G Launch Scheduled On May 19; Another Rebranded Redmi Smartphone?
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India has announced that they have registered collective sales of over 1 lakh units for BS6 versions of the Activa 6G, Activa 125, and SP 125 models.
Honda claims the engine on the new Activa 125 BS6 models offer a 13 percent increase in efficiency as compared to the BS4 compliant models. The Activa 6G BS6 models and the SP 125 BS6 models offer a 10 percent and 16 percent increase in efficiency, respectively.
The Japanese two-wheeler giant has been at the forefront of the movement from BS4 to BS6 compliance, and started offering BS6 compliant models over six months in advance of the 1 April deadline.
Mr Yadvinder Singh Guleria, the Senior Vice President for Sales & Marketing at Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt Ltd said, "Honda is proud to lead BS-VI transition in two-wheeler industry almost 6 months ahead of the deadline."
"Our advanced technologies like Enhanced Smart Power (ESP), many first-in-segment features like ACG starter motor and significant mileage-up have started #AquietRevolution," he added.
Honda also offers a six year warranty package across its BS6 offerings making it a two-wheeler industry first. The six year warranty package includes a three year standard warranty and a three year extended warranty (optional).
The company also has attractive financial packages, and is offering benefits of up to Rs 10,000 across the BS6 models.
As part of their #AQuietRevolution, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India will manufacture only BS6 compliant two-wheelers going forward. The move from BS4 to BS6 compliance will also see unsuccessful models like the Navi and the Cliq discontinued.
The company is planning to upgrade is range of Dio scooters and will launch the models shortly. Honda will probably mount the same 109.51cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled, fuel-injected petrol engine that is featured on the Activa 6G - something they have done in the past.
Thoughts About Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Crossing The 1 Lakh Mark For Collective Sales Of BS6 Two Wheelers
Good move Honda! Manufacturers that adopted a move to BS6 compliance definitely have an advantage over those who are still transitioning. Honda has always been at the forefront of the BS6 revolution in the country, and we expect that they continue to be.