- 18 min ago Tata HBX Interior Exterior Design & Features Spied Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- 1 hr ago Hero MotoCorp Extends Warranty, Free Service & AMC Period In India Due To Covid-19
- 2 hrs ago MG Motor India & Devnandan Gases Increase Medical Oxygen Production By 31%: Read More!
- 3 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq India Launch Timeline Revealed: To Rival Hyundai Creta
- News ‘Who will be number 2’: Delhi HC rejects plea seeking priority in Covid vaccination
- Movies Jackie Shroff Pays A Heartfelt Tribute To His Late Make-Up Man, Calls Him His Soulmate
- Finance Cryptocurrency News Update Today: Bitcoin, Ethereum, XRP And Other Global News On Cryptocurrencies
- Lifestyle Hailey Bieber Is A Fan Of Truckers, Loves Wearing Baggy Jeans, And Here’s The Latest Stylish Look Of Hers
- Technology Reliance Jio To Construct Submarine Cable System: Here's Why
- Sports Veda Krishnamurthy says BCCI offered support during family crisis time; downplays Sthalekar comments
- Education PSEB 10th Result 2021: Punjab Board Class 10th Result 2021 Link Activated
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In May
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Private Limited has flagged off a road safety program in Karnataka. The program is being conducted in association with the Karnataka Police, and aims to provide quick assistance to accident victims with the intention of saving lives.
As part of its Corporate Social Responsibility, Honda Two-Wheeler India is empowering the Karnataka Police Force will fully customized motorcycles. The motorcycle model(s) remain unknown at the this time.
What is known however, is that Honda has equipped the motorcycles with revolving flashers & blinkers, a public announcement system, sirens, flash lights, safety helmets, a windscreen, and a cruiser side-box.
Present at the ceremony were the Inspector General of Police (Central Range), Mr K V Sharath Chandra, the Director of General & Corporate Affairs HMSI, Mr Harbhajan Singh, and the Executive Vice President at HMSI, Mr Hiroki Chubachi.
Mr Singh said, "As a responsible corporate, Honda 2Wheelers endeavours to bring a positive change in our society. Karnataka is the karma-bhumi for us and we have a unique connection with the people. Together we have covered a long journey of growth & development here."
Honda is committed towards contributing to society. The company has already actioned Quick Response Teams at Maharashtra, Jharkhand, Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, and Gujarat.
Honda has always put public safety first, and hopes to make the roads safer for the general public via support to law enforcement agencies, and via educational road safety programs.
This is not the first initiative that Honda has taken in Karnataka. Their Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives include other fields like healthcare, environment, education, road safety, rural development and rural sports.
Honda's Arogya Abhiyaan project has reached over 50,000 people from 49 villages in the Kolar district. Honda is involved with primary healthcare, cataract operations, free medical tests & medicines for village folk, clean drinking water facilities, and support system for the differently abled.
The company's Harit Udaan project has planted over 23,000 fruit bearing trees that contribute towards supporting the livelihood of 39 families from 18 villages within the Kolar.
Honda's Shiksha Evam Kaushal Vikas Abhiyan has benefitted over 21,000 students via new computer labs, blackboards, books, laptops for 100 meritorious students of Govt schools.
The company's Honda Center of Excellence at Kolar and '2 Honda Skill Enhancement Centers' at Mysore and Mangalore provide job oriented vocational skill training. As is, Honda has educated over 75,000 people of all ages at various schools, colleges, corporates on road safety.
The company has also built a multipurpose stadium at Malur, a multipurpose indoor and outdoor stadium at Kolar, and has installed 1,100 LED street lights in the town of Kolar.
Thoughts About Honda's Road Safety Initiative In Association With The Karnataka Police
Good job Honda! We're thoroughly impressed with the initiatives the company takes under its Corporate Social Responsibility programs. Kudos to their entire team for the new initiative with the Karnataka Police. We hope the police use the motorcycles for what they're meant.