- 1 hr ago Tata Motors Denies Rumor Of Selling Passenger Vehicle Business
- 1 hr ago Kawasaki Z650 BS6 Models Arrives At Dealerships: Deliveries To Begin Soon
- 3 hrs ago Skoda Kodiaq TSI India Launch Delayed: Will Arrive In 2021
- 5 hrs ago Honda Offers Discounts, Exchange Bonuses & Other Benefits On Select Models In August 2020
- Finance RBI Allows One-Time Restructuring Of Loans: Here's What It Means For Borrowers
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Odisha FC rope in Rogerio Ramos as goalkeeping coach for new season
- News High tide of over 14 ft likely to hit Mumbai today at 1.50 pm
- Movies Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyaar Ke Actor Sameer Sharma Allegedly Passed Away By Suicide
- Technology OnePlus Nord Gets Oxygen OS Update; New Features To Check Out
- Lifestyle Made In Heaven And Raat Akeli Hai Actress Shivani Raghuvanshi’s Distinctive Fashion Game Decoded
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Honda Motorcycles & Scooters India (HMSI) has released a new teaser of the upcoming BS6-compliant Dio scooter in the Indian market. The new Honda Dio BS6 is expected to come with a number of subtle changes and updates, along with a host of additional features as well.
The teaser for the Honda Dio BS6 comes just a day ahead of the start of the Auto Expo 2020. However, the company had already confirmed previously that they will not be participating at the event this time around.
The Honda Dio is a much smarter, stylish and modern looking scooter offering from the brand; compared to the Activa. The Honda Dio scooter comes with sharp lines, attractive body graphics and angular panels, attracting a much younger audience in the Indian market.
The new BS6-compliant version of the scooter seems to follow the same if the teaser video is anything to go by. The teaser video also showcases the Dio carrying forward a similar design and silhouette as the previous models. However, the new BS6 Dio is expected to come with full LED lighting all around, this includes LED DRLs and headlamps on the front cowl and apron, respectively.
We can also expect a revision in terms of the body graphics on the BS6-compliant Dio, while Honda could also offer the scooter in a range of new paint schemes as well; probably even a dual-tone scheme.
In terms of powertrain, the new Honda Dio BS6 is expected to feature the same 110cc single-cylinder engine from the recently introduced Activa 6G. This engine is BS6-compliant and produces 7.6bhp and 8.7Nm of peak torque on the Activa 6G, paired to a CVT automatic gearbox.
The BS6 version of the ‘MotoScooter' as Honda likes to call it, will also feature a fuel-injection system, along with the brand's HET (Honda Eco Technology) and Enhanced Smart Tumble Technology; among a host of others.
Thoughts On The 2020 Honda Dio BS6 Teaser Video
Honda might not be participating at the Auto Expo 2020, however, they still have strong plans for the Indian market in the coming months. The Honda Dio is among the most popular scooter among the younger audience in the 110cc segment.
The Honda Dio BS6 once launched in India will rival the likes of the Yamaha Ray-Z and the Hero Maestro Edge.