- 2 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- 4 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Model Launching Soon: Brand Releases Teaser Via Social Media
- 5 hrs ago Toyota Innova Crysta CNG Spied Testing Ahead Of India Launch Later This Year: Spy Pics & Details
- Movies Bhagyashree To Play The Role Of Jayalalithaa's Mother In Kangana Ranaut's Thalaivi: Report
- Lifestyle Seasoned Actress Kelly Preston Had The Most Beautiful Collection Of Dresses, Here’s Proof
- News Rare Comet Neowise headed to earth, will be visible in India from July 14 for next 20 days
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Technology Intel Thunderbolt 4 Universal Dock Officially Announced: What Caught Our Attention?
- Sports England's batting still their nemesis: Nasser Hussain
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Honda Motorcycles & Scooters India (HMSI) have increased prices of the Dio BS6 scooter. Prices have been increased for both variants of the Dio, although the hike is only Rs 552.
The Honda Dio is offered in two variants - the ‘STD' and the top-spec ‘DLX' trims. With the increase, the updated pricing of the Dio BS6 is Rs 60,542 for the STD variant, and Rs 63,892 for the DLX trim. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The prices of the scooter have been increased within three of its launch in the Indian market. At the time of launch, the Honda Dio BS6 models were priced more than its BS4 counterparts. The ‘STD' variant was increased by Rs 5,749 (STD) and the ‘DLX' trim by Rs 7,099.
However, the price hike is justified as the new-gen Honda Dio featured a host of updates including a fuel-injected engine. At the time of its launch, the company claimed that the Honda Dio BS6 has been developed with as many as 20 patent applications.
The Honda Dio BS6 features the brand's ‘ACG' starter system, which ensures a silent and jolt-free start every time. The scooter comes powered by a 110cc BS6 engine with Honda's Programmed Fuel Injection and ESP (Enhanced Smart Power) system. The 110cc engine on the Honda Dio scooter produces 7.6bhp at 8,000rpm and 9Nm of torque at 4,750rpm.
The scooter also features a fully digital instrument cluster, which offers a host of information to the rider. These include real-time range, and fuel efficiency; among others. In addition, it displays a trip meter, a clock, and a service indicator as well. It also features a side-stand indicator with an engine cut-off system.
Other changes to the Dio BS6 scooter include LED headlamps, redesigned front ribs, new body graphics and logo design, a dual-tone paint scheme, a new tail lamp design, and sport split grab rails; giving it a fresh and aggressive look. It also comes equipped with a unique dual-function switch that allows for easy access to under-seat storage space and refuelling.
The scooter features a new telescopic suspension set-up at the front and a three-step adjustable rear suspension. The 2020 Honda Dio's wheelbase has been increased by 22mm, which aids for better stability. Braking on the scooter is done via drum brakes at both ends supported by a new combined brake system.
Thoughts About The Honda Dio BS6 Prices Increase Within Three Month Of Launch
Prices for the scooter has been increased marginally and is not expected to affect sales. The new Honda Dio comes packed with a host of features that appeals to both young and mature audiences in the Indian market.