- 1 hr ago KTM Adventure Trails Riding Programme Launched In 10 Cities: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Benelli TRK 502 Spotted Arriving At Dealerships In India: Launching Soon?
- 17 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Deliveries Cross Over 720 Units Across India: Announced Serice Campaign
- 19 hrs ago New Mahindra Scorpio Spotted Testing Again Ahead Of its Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Sports India vs England 2021: Countering hosts will be big challenge for English spinners, says Jayawardene
- News No entry at Rajpath, no celebrations at school: Coronavirus plays dampener for children's R-day spirit
- Technology TikTok And Other 58 Chinese Apps Might Get Permanent Ban From India
- Movies Padma Awards 2021: Late SP Balasubrahmanyam, Shinzo Abe And Others To Be Recipient Of The Prestigious Award
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan’s Pregnancy Glow Is Unmissable As She Performs Yoga Flaunting Her Baby Bump
- Finance 5 Stock Picks Ahead Of The Budget From HDFC Securities
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In January 2021
- Education MHT CET 2020 Round II Seat Allotment Result for B. Tech, B. Pharma To Be Out Today
Honda Motorcycles & Scooters India (HMSI) have increased prices of the Dio BS6 scooter. Prices have been increased for both variants of the Dio, although the hike is only Rs 552.
The Honda Dio is offered in two variants - the ‘STD' and the top-spec ‘DLX' trims. With the increase, the updated pricing of the Dio BS6 is Rs 60,542 for the STD variant, and Rs 63,892 for the DLX trim. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The prices of the scooter have been increased within three of its launch in the Indian market. At the time of launch, the Honda Dio BS6 models were priced more than its BS4 counterparts. The ‘STD' variant was increased by Rs 5,749 (STD) and the ‘DLX' trim by Rs 7,099.
However, the price hike is justified as the new-gen Honda Dio featured a host of updates including a fuel-injected engine. At the time of its launch, the company claimed that the Honda Dio BS6 has been developed with as many as 20 patent applications.
The Honda Dio BS6 features the brand's ‘ACG' starter system, which ensures a silent and jolt-free start every time. The scooter comes powered by a 110cc BS6 engine with Honda's Programmed Fuel Injection and ESP (Enhanced Smart Power) system. The 110cc engine on the Honda Dio scooter produces 7.6bhp at 8,000rpm and 9Nm of torque at 4,750rpm.
The scooter also features a fully digital instrument cluster, which offers a host of information to the rider. These include real-time range, and fuel efficiency; among others. In addition, it displays a trip meter, a clock, and a service indicator as well. It also features a side-stand indicator with an engine cut-off system.
Other changes to the Dio BS6 scooter include LED headlamps, redesigned front ribs, new body graphics and logo design, a dual-tone paint scheme, a new tail lamp design, and sport split grab rails; giving it a fresh and aggressive look. It also comes equipped with a unique dual-function switch that allows for easy access to under-seat storage space and refuelling.
The scooter features a new telescopic suspension set-up at the front and a three-step adjustable rear suspension. The 2020 Honda Dio's wheelbase has been increased by 22mm, which aids for better stability. Braking on the scooter is done via drum brakes at both ends supported by a new combined brake system.
Thoughts About The Honda Dio BS6 Prices Increase Within Three Month Of Launch
Prices for the scooter has been increased marginally and is not expected to affect sales. The new Honda Dio comes packed with a host of features that appeals to both young and mature audiences in the Indian market.