- 3 hrs ago Hyundai Cars Offer & Discounts For May 2021: Up To Rs 1.5 Lakh Benefits On Select Models
- 14 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 16 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 16 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- News Uttar Pradesh corona curfew extended till May 17
- Sports IPL 2021: Punjab Kings domestic team members reach home safely, confirm franchise
- Lifestyle Eid ul-Fitr 2021: Gauahar Khan Looks Gorgeous In Her Festive-Perfect Mulmul Kurta Set; Know The Price!
- Finance 5 Reasons Why Sugar Stocks Could See A Solid Rally
- Movies Mother’s Day EXCLUSIVE! Abhishek To Mayuri; TV Celebs Share Sweetest Things They Did For Their Mom
- Technology What Is Band Steering? How It Helps Get Good Wi-Fi Connectivity?
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Honda Motorcycles & Scooters India (HMSI) have increased prices of the Dio BS6 scooter for the third time ever since its launch in the market. Prices have been increased for both variants of the Dio, although the hike is only marginal by Rs 473.
The Honda Dio is offered in two variants: the ‘STD' and the top-spec ‘DLX' trims. After the recent price hike, the Dio BS6 standard model retails at Rs 61,970, while the DLX trim costs Rs 65,320. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The company has increased the prices of the scooter for the third time since the Dio was updated to meet BS6 standards in the Indian market. At the time of launch, the Honda Dio BS6 models were priced more than its BS4 counterparts. The ‘STD' variant was increased by Rs 5,749 (STD) and the ‘DLX' trim by Rs 7,099.
However, the scooter came with a host of new features that justified its new price tag. According to the company's reports at the time of launch, it claimed that the Honda Dio BS6 has been developed with as many as 20 patent applications.
The scooter comes powered by a 110cc BS6 engine with Honda's Programmed Fuel Injection and ESP (Enhanced Smart Power) system. The 110cc engine on the Honda Dio scooter produces 7.6bhp at 8,000rpm and 9Nm of torque at 4,750rpm. The BS6 Dio features the brand's ‘ACG' starter system, which ensures a silent and jolt-free start every time.
The scooter also features a fully digital instrument cluster, which offers a host of information to the rider. These include real-time range, and fuel efficiency; among others. Also, it displays a trip meter, a clock, and a service indicator as well. It also features a side-stand indicator with an engine cut-off system.
The BS6 Honda Dio also came equipped with a host of other changes including LED headlamps, redesigned front ribs, new body graphics and logo design, a dual-tone paint scheme, a new tail lamp design, and sport split grab rails. It also comes equipped with a unique dual-function switch that allows for easy access to under-seat storage space and refuelling.
The 2020 Honda Dio's wheelbase has been increased by 22mm, which aids for better stability and handling. Suspension duties are done via new telescopic suspension set-up at the front and a three-step adjustable unit at the rear. Braking on both varaints is done via drum brake setup at either end supported by a combined brake system.
Thoughts About The Honda Dio BS6 Prices Increase For The Third Time
The Honda Dio has received a price hike for the third time, which is again a marginal increase for its previous retail price. However, the new pricing of the scooter is not expected to affect its sales in the market. The Honda Dio has been a popular choice among younger scooter buyers in the country.