- 1 hr ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 3 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Model Launching Soon: Brand Releases Teaser Via Social Media
- Sports Women's U-17 World Cup will be held behind closed doors in worst-case scenario: AIFF
- News Rajasthan crisis: 20 MLAs skip CLP meet
- Technology Tecno Launches Spark 5 Pro With HD + Dot-In Display: Should You Buy?
- Lifestyle Blepharitis: Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Movies Yaara Trailer: Vidyut Jammwal, Amit Sadh, Shruti Haasan's Crime Drama Is An Ode To Friendship
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Honda Motorcycles & Scooters India (HMSI) has launched the BS6-compliant Dio in Bangalore. The new Honda Dio BS6 is offered with a starting price of Rs 64,584, ex-showroom (Bangalore). The scooter is offered in two variants: Standard & Deluxe, both offering a host of features and equipment compared to the previous model.
Honda launched the BS6 Dio scooter in the Indian market earlier. However, considering the importance and success of the scooter in the South Indian region, the company showcased the scooter at Bangalore, in a separate event.
Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Sr. VP, Sales & Marketing, HMSI Pvt. Ltd. stated:
"South has always been an important market for Honda 2Wheelers India and Honda is the leading 2Wheeler brand in the region with 34% market share. Dio has grown today to become the second highest-selling two-wheeler in the south region."
"We are confident that with its new sporty aggressive design and advanced technology; the new Dio BSVI will create yet another excitement among fun-seeking youngsters."
The new Honda Dio BS6 comes with a host of new features and equipment. Some of the new features on the Dio BS6 scooter include LED headlamps, new body graphics and logo design and a dual-tone paint scheme; giving it a fresh and aggressive look.
The new Dio BS6 also comes with telescopic forks suspension at the front, larger 12-inch front wheel, rear split grab handle, fully-digital instrument cluster and a side-stand indicator with engine cut-off system.
The scooter comes powered by a 110cc BS6 engine with Honda's PGM-FI technology as well as ESP (Enhanced Smart Power) system. The 110cc engine on the Honda Dio scooter produces 7.6bhp at 8000rpm and 9Nm of torque at 4750rpm. The engine also comes with Honda's patented ACG system which ensures silent, jolt-free starts every time.
The new Honda Dio BS6 is offered in a range of colour options. The base ‘Standard' variant is offered in four colour choices: Matte Axis Grey Metallic, Candy Jazz Blue, Sports Red & Vibrant orange.
The top ‘Deluxe' variant is further offered in three colour options such as Matte Sangria Red Metallic, Dazzle Yellow Metallic & Matte Axis Grey Metallic.
Bookings for the BS6 Honda Dio has already begun, as well as its deliveries. Honda even announced that on the launch day itself, the company has delivered over 300 units of the BS6 Dio scooter.
Thoughts On The Honda Dio BS6 Scooter Bangalore Launch
The Honda Dio is one of the best-selling scooters in the Indian market. The scooter is the second best-selling two-wheeler in the market, especially in South India. The Honda Dio is also the first Moto-scooter and rivals the likes of the TVS Jupiter, Hero Pleasure and the Maestro Edge.