- 39 min ago Tata Gravitas Has Been Spotted Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 24 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- 1 day ago Top Bike News Of The Week: BMW F 900 R, F 900 XR, Versys 1000, BattRE Scooters Launched & More
- 1 day ago Triumph Scrambler 1200 Bond Edition Revealed: Limited To 250 Units Worldwide
- Movies Hina Khan Wishes Eid Mubarak With A Promise To Make The Best Biryani Ever
- News Cyclone Amphan: Kolkata residents continue to stage protest to restore power, water supply
- Sports La Liga boss wants June 11 Seville derby to restart season
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Karan Johar: Stylish Looks That Proves He Has Distinctive Fashion Sense
- Finance Why Zee Entertainment Shares Could Fall On Tuesday?
- Technology Moto G8 Power Lite Vs Other Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Japanese motorcycle and scooter manufacturer, Honda, has announced that the all-new Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin will be launched in India on 5 March. The motorcycle was unveiled last September, and arrives with a host of updates, cosmetic and mechanical.
The most prominent update has been made the engine of the motorcycle. The CRF1100L Africa Twin now features a 1,084cc engine that produces 101 brake horsepower, and 105Nm of torque.
The new engine features aluminum cylinder sleeves and redesigned casings resulting in a reduction of 2.5 kilograms for the manual transmission models, and a reduction of 2.2 kilograms for automatic dual-clutch transmission models.
The motorcycle also features a lighter frame, and the weight loss has resulted in fuel efficiency figures of 20.4kmpl, and 20.8kmpl for the manual and automatic transmission models respectively.
The engine also features four power levels, three levels of electronic engine braking, and seven levels of Honda Selectable Traction Control. The motorcycle also features Honda's wheelie control tech, and a redesigned fairing. The motorcycle features a touchscreen instrument panel that is Bluetooth and Apple CarPlay compatible.
The (HSTC) Honda Selectable Traction Control is powered by a six-axis (IMU) Inertial Measurement Unit. The Honda CRF1100L Africa Trim also gets an upgraded electronics suite.
The 2020 Africa Twin features fur default riding mode options - Tour, Urban, Gravel and Off-Road. Two additional, customisable riding modes allow for rider specific settings.
Suspension duties are handled by Showa 45mm cartridge-type inverted telescopic forks at the front, and an aluminum mono-block suspension that features Pro-Link & a Showa gas-charged damper at the rear.
Honda hasn't made any changes to the wheels of the CRF1100L Africa Twin, and the motorcycle continues to feature a 21-inch wheel at the front, and an 18-inch one at the rear.
Braking duties are handed by 310mm dual wave-type floating hydraulic discs with radial fit 4-piston calipers at the front, and a single 256 mm hydraulic disc at the rear. Dual-channel ABS is offered as standard, however, ABS support can be cut off completely at the rear wheel.
The Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin is available in Africa Twin and Africa Twin Adventure Sports models. There isn't any information about what models Honda will launch in India.
The current generation Honda Africa Twin model is priced at Rs 13.50 lakh, and we expect the 2020 models to be priced between Rs 14.50 lakh and Rs 16.50 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom.
Thoughts About The Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin Launching In India On 5 March
The Africa Twin is a very capable off-roader and offers a fantastic ride experience. We think the new 2020 Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin models will do much better than the outgoing models.