- 1 hr ago TVS Apache RTR 200 Single-Channel ABS Variant Launched With Ride Modes: Prices Start At Rs 1.28 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Omega Seiki Mobility Inaugurates Its First Dealership In Delhi: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago TVS Eurogrip Launches 11 New Tyres In India Catering To Two & Three Wheelers Segment
- 17 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Sales Cross 6 Lakh Units Mark In 5 Years: Here Are All Details
- Movies Shraddha Kapoor Gets Emotional At Cousin Priyaank's Haldi Ceremony; Also See Pics From Beach Party
- Technology How To Activate International Roaming Services On Reliance Jio Numbers
- News Explained: Will Rahul Gandhi win over south Indian votes by sea-diving, dancing and eating biryani?
- Sports Rumour Has It: Chelsea make move for Donnarumma, Bayern seal new Musiala deal
- Lifestyle Pink, Red, Or Green, Which Saree Of Tamannaah Bhatia Did You Like The Most?
- Finance PNB Housing Finance Inks Agreement With Yes Bank For Co-Lending
- Education Explore List Of Indian Universities In QS World University Ranking By Subject 2021
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In March
Japanese motorcycle and scooter manufacturer, Honda, has announced that the all-new Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin will be launched in India on 5 March. The motorcycle was unveiled last September, and arrives with a host of updates, cosmetic and mechanical.
The most prominent update has been made the engine of the motorcycle. The CRF1100L Africa Twin now features a 1,084cc engine that produces 101 brake horsepower, and 105Nm of torque.
The new engine features aluminum cylinder sleeves and redesigned casings resulting in a reduction of 2.5 kilograms for the manual transmission models, and a reduction of 2.2 kilograms for automatic dual-clutch transmission models.
The motorcycle also features a lighter frame, and the weight loss has resulted in fuel efficiency figures of 20.4kmpl, and 20.8kmpl for the manual and automatic transmission models respectively.
The engine also features four power levels, three levels of electronic engine braking, and seven levels of Honda Selectable Traction Control. The motorcycle also features Honda's wheelie control tech, and a redesigned fairing. The motorcycle features a touchscreen instrument panel that is Bluetooth and Apple CarPlay compatible.
The (HSTC) Honda Selectable Traction Control is powered by a six-axis (IMU) Inertial Measurement Unit. The Honda CRF1100L Africa Trim also gets an upgraded electronics suite.
The 2020 Africa Twin features fur default riding mode options - Tour, Urban, Gravel and Off-Road. Two additional, customisable riding modes allow for rider specific settings.
Suspension duties are handled by Showa 45mm cartridge-type inverted telescopic forks at the front, and an aluminum mono-block suspension that features Pro-Link & a Showa gas-charged damper at the rear.
Honda hasn't made any changes to the wheels of the CRF1100L Africa Twin, and the motorcycle continues to feature a 21-inch wheel at the front, and an 18-inch one at the rear.
Braking duties are handed by 310mm dual wave-type floating hydraulic discs with radial fit 4-piston calipers at the front, and a single 256 mm hydraulic disc at the rear. Dual-channel ABS is offered as standard, however, ABS support can be cut off completely at the rear wheel.
The Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin is available in Africa Twin and Africa Twin Adventure Sports models. There isn't any information about what models Honda will launch in India.
The current generation Honda Africa Twin model is priced at Rs 13.50 lakh, and we expect the 2020 models to be priced between Rs 14.50 lakh and Rs 16.50 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom.
Thoughts About The Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin Launching In India On 5 March
The Africa Twin is a very capable off-roader and offers a fantastic ride experience. We think the new 2020 Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin models will do much better than the outgoing models.