- 1 hr ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 2 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 16 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- 17 hrs ago Royal Enfield Partners With CEAT For Interceptor 650 Tyres: Here Are All Details
- Lifestyle From Purple Hair To Blue Eye Shadow To Pink Lipstick, Lady Gaga’s Recent Look Is All About Colours
- News Visva Bharti asks Bengal govt to measure Amartya Sen’s Santiniketan plot
- Sports India vs Australia, 4th Test Day 3: Sundar, Thakur show resistance as tourists reach 253/6 at tea break
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Technology Amazfit GTR 2e Review: Bulky, Power-Packed Smartwatch For Fitness Freaks
- Movies Krack Day 7 Box Office Collection: Ravi Teja Starrer Continues To Storm The Box Office
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Honda has globally revealed the 2021 CBR650R. This time around the CBR650R gets a more powerful BS6 engine with feature and mechanical updates. However, the company is expected to launch the BS6 CBR650R sometime during the first quarter of 2021 in the Indian market.
As far as the aesthetics of the motorcycle is concerned, the CBR650R looks much sharper and one of the main reasons for that is the redesigned headlamp unit and the new side fairing. The motorcycle also gets a sportier chassis compared to the older model.
At the front, the all-new CBR650R will now feature 41mm Showa Separate Function Big Piston upside-down forks, but it continues to use a pro-link rear mono-shock at the rear. Braking duties are handled by dual 310mm front discs with Nissin callipers and a 240mm rear disc.
Mechanically, the 649cc inline four-cylinder engine is BS6 compliant and also gets an ECU, cam lobes, intake timing, exhaust system, and crankshaft. The unit now churns out 94bhp of power at 12,000rpm and 63Nm of peak torque at 8500rpm. However, the older BS4 variant of the CBR650R sold in India pumped 86bhp and 60Nm. The engine is mated to a six-speed gearbox with a slip and assist clutch. The motorcycle also features switchable Honda Selectable Torque Control.
The CBR650R will also be offering a host of information to the rider through a seven-inch LCD unit instrument cluster. Moreover, the safety on the motorcycle is further enhanced by the Emergency Stop Signal, that gets activated sudden hard braking is done to warn the nearby and oncoming vehicles. It also features dual-channel ABS as standard.
Thoughts About The Honda CBR650R BS6
The Honda CBR650R looks much lean and sharper than the previous generation model. We expect the company to price the motorcycle between the 7.5 lakh to 8.5 lakh mark ex-showroom. Once launched, the CBR650R BS6 will go up against the likes of the Kawasaki Ninja 650 and the upcoming Benelli 600RR.