- 7 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 9 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Technology Vivo S1 Pro Gets Rs. 1,000 Price Cut In India; Checkout New Price Here
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Honda Motorcycles & Scooters India (HMSI) has announced that the company has registered 0 units of domestic sales in the month of April 2020. The zero units of retail sales are due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, which has put the country under lockdown.
HMSI confirmed that as per the guidelines of the government, the company shut down all operations in the country from the 22nd of March 2020, 2 days ahead of the lockdown. However, the company in the last week of April 2020, did restart partial operations.
Honda announced that the company has exported 2,630 units of two-wheelers during the previous month. This is using the stock leftover in the company's inventory from March 2020, before the lockdown came into effect. The exports have been made following all the safety and social distancing guidelines, ensuring the safety of its workforce.
Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Director - Sales & Marketing, HMSI Pvt. Ltd. said,
"Since suspending operations in this unprecedented crisis, Honda is taking strong measures for business continuity, safeguarding health & wellbeing of staff, families & communities at large. We have eased the anxiety of our business partners and improved their cash-flows through quick liquidity infusion."
"Promoting #StayHomeStaySafe for our customers, we have already extended the Free service and Warranty period by another 2 months. Parallelly as a responsible manufacturer, Honda is extensively recalibrating all its SOP's - not only within the company but the entire ecosystem; from the viewpoint of both personal and workplace safety in COVID-19 era."
"At the same time, during the lockdown, we continue skilling-up HMSI and dealer staff with various e-learning modules. Preparations are on to resume operations after receiving respective approvals from Government while re-aligning with supply-chain constraints and evolving market sentiments."
Apart from the announcement of sales for the month of April 2020, Honda has also announced a change in top management. As part of the changes, Mr Atsushi Ogata is now the new President, CEO & Managing Director of HMSI; while Mr V. Sridhar takes over the new position of Senior Director, Purchase, HMSI. Also, Mr Yadvinder Singh Guleria & Mr Vinay Dingra are now part of the Board of Directors, HMSI.
Thoughts About Honda Bike Sales Report For April 2020
Vehicles manufacturers have just begun restarting production after a month-long shut down in operations, due to the COVID-19 lockdown in India. We expect low customer sentiments for vehicle purchases over the next couple of months as well.