- 2 hrs ago Suzuki Gixxer 250 & SF 250 BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.63 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Primarily Rival The Hyundai Venue
- 11 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Deliveries Resumes After Lockdown Relaxations In Select Cities
- 13 hrs ago Skoda Rapid TSI Automatic Variant Expected India Launch Later This Year
- Sports I knew I wanted to become like Viswanathan Anand: Young Grandmaster and Chess prodigy Praggnanandha
- Movies Four More Shots Please Star Kirti Kulhari Opens Up About Self-Love Under COVID-19 Lockdown
- News Centre asks states to streamline inter-state movement of personnel engaged in locust control
- Technology BSNL Offering 2GB Data Per Day For One Year With Rs. 899 Plan
- Lifestyle Auspicious Hindu Wedding Dates In The Month Of June 2020
- Finance Core Sector Output Slumps 38.1% As Covid-19 Takes A Toll
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The Honda Aviator will be replaced by a new scooter from the brand in the Indian market. The Aviator was the brand's premium 110cc scooter offering that has not been updated to meet BS6 emission standards.
According to Autocar India, the Japenese two-wheeler manufacturer will introduce a new premium scooter in the country that will be placed above the Honda Activa 6G. The upcoming scooter will be replacing the Honda Aviator as the brand's premium 110cc offering.
The upcoming premium scooter from Honda is expected to feature telescopic forks, disc brakes with combine braking system, fully-digital instrument cluster, and external fuel filler cap; among others. It is also expected to feature the brand's connected technology as well.
The Aviator has been around for years and was positioned above the regular Activa. Although the scooter shared the same engine as the Activa, the Aviator came feature-packed with its unique styling, graphics, and features. These include alloy wheels, telescopic fork and a front disc brake.
The Honda Aviator was well-received initially, however, the popularity of the Activa overshadowed the premium scooter in the Indian market. The discontinuation of the Aviator leaves a gap in the premium 110cc scooter space. We expect Honda to fill to introduce a new product to bridge the gap.
The upcoming new premium scooter from the brand will share its platform with the other Honda scooter in the line-up. This includes the Activa 6G, the new-gen Dio, and the Activa 125. The premium scooter is expected to be powered by the same engine that is featured on the Activa 6G with a slight increase in power.
The 109.5cc, single-cylinder, fuel-injected engine on the Activa 6G produces 7.7bhp and 8.7Nm of torque. It is also likely to feature LED headlamps, LED tail-lamps, dual-function switch, Honda's silent start technology, and idle start-stop function; among others.
Once launched, the new scooter will primarily rival the TVS Jupiter Grande, which also comes feature-packed with a host of premium equipment from the brand. The pricing for the new scooter will play a crucial role in its success considering the Activa 6G is already priced close to the 125cc segment, and the premium scooter will be placed above the sixth-generation Activa.
Thoughts About The Honda Aviator To Be Replaced With New Premium 110cc Scooter In India
Honda Aviator, when launched, was completely ahead of its time. It introduced many segment-first features in the Indian market. However, over time the scooter decreased in sales registered. The brand is now looking to make a come-back with an all-new offering in the premium-scooter segment.