- 57 min ago Ola To Provide Oxygen Concentrators For Free: Partners With GiveIndia
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra XUV900 Will Be The First Coupe SUV From The Brand: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- 16 hrs ago Royal Enfield Sultan 650 Concept Based On Interceptor 650 Revealed By Neev Motorcycles
- News Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray has become family doctor: Shiv Sena's 'Saamana'
- Finance Top 10 Banks Giving Higher Returns On 5-Year Tax Saving Fixed Deposits
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Sparkles In A Sequin Multicolour Pantsuit And Looks Oh-So-Sizzling In Her Latest Instagram Post
- Movies Thalapathy Vijay’s Remuneration For His Tollywood Debut Film Will Amaze You
- Technology Why Is Airtel Not In Favour Of 5Gi Standard?
- Sports Checkmate COVID: Anand and 4 other GMs to play exhibition matches to raise COVID relief fund
- Education National Technology Day 2021: Why Is National Technology Day Celebrated On May 11th?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
The Honda Activa is currently the best-selling scooter in the Indian market. The scooter is currently in its sixth-generation iteration, after being introduced for the first time almost two decades ago.
The scooter as mentioned is now entering 20 years of its successful run in the Indian market. To celebrate this occasion, Honda Motorcycles & Scooters India has introduced a new special '20-year Anniversary Edition' version of its Activa 6G scooter.
The new Honda Activa 6G 20-year anniversary edition comes in two variant options: Standard and Deluxe. The base variant is priced at Rs 66,816 and the top-trim is offered with a price tag of Rs 68,316. All prices are ex-showroom (Gurugram, Haryana).
In terms of cosmetic updates, the new Honda Activa 20-year anniversary edition scooter now comes with two new paint schemes: Matte Mature Brown and Pearl Nightstar Black.
Both colour scheme on the scooter is further complemented with white and gold stripes, running the entire length of the scooter.
The new 20-year anniversary edition also features the pillion grab rails finished in the same paint scheme as well. The side panels on the anniversary edition now feature the ‘Activa' logo in gold.
This with the black-finished steel wheels at either end and the black/brown seat covers, add to the visual appeal of the special edition scooter, allowing it to immediately stand-out among the crowd.
Apart from the cosmetic updates, no other changes have been made. The special anniversary edition scooter continues to be powered by the same BS6-compliant 109cc air-cooled single-cylinder engine. It produces 7.7bhp at 8000rpm and 8.8Nm of peak torque at 5250rpm.
Atsushi Ogata, Managing Director, President & CEO, HMSI Pvt. Ltd. said,
"The legend was born 20 years ago, when Honda realized The Power of Dreams of India with its debut model - Activa. Since then, every new generation of Honda Activa has introduced Indian riders to advance global technologies ahead of time."
"Celebrating Indian customers love and trust on Activa - the true gold standard of unisex family commute, we are delighted to launch the special 20th Anniversary edition of Activa 6G."
Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Director - Sales & Marketing, HMSI Pvt. Ltd. said,
"Delighting lakhs of new customers every month, Activa is the torchbearer of India's two-wheeler industry. We are proud to be a part of the everyday life of incredible India. Today, there is hardly any place in India where you can't spot an Activa."
"As the first choice of every Indian family, this specially curated 20th-anniversary edition is to celebrate Activa's inseparable bond with our customers."
"Starting from the brand new Matte Mature Brown colour which is the first-ever introduction on any Honda scooter to the distinctive gold embossed logos and more distinctive design cues, Activa 6G - 20th-anniversary edition is as precious as gold!"
Thoughts On The Honda Activa 6G 20-Year Anniversary Edition
The Honda Activa is one of the best-selling scooters in India, since its launch. The scooter has become a household name in the country. However, it does face competition from the likes of the TVS Jupiter, Hero Pleasure 110 and the likes.