- 6 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Sales Cross 6 Lakh Units Mark In 5 Years: Here Are All Details
- 8 hrs ago New MINI Countryman launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 39.50 Lakh
- 11 hrs ago New Tata Tiago ‘XTA’ Variant Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 5.99 Lakh
- 11 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Interiors Sketches Officially Revealed Ahead Of India Launch
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 8: Nidhi Subbaiah Reveals Yash Threw Crackers In Her Residence During College Days
- News Two observers to arrive in West Bengal today, oversee poll preparedness
- Sports Indian women’s hockey team end Germany tour with 1-2 defeat
- Technology Sony's New Patent Can Transform Any Live Object Into A Controller
- Finance NPS Vs APY: Where To Invest In Terms Of Good Returns?
- Education HPSSC Junior Office Assistant Admit Card 2021 Released At www.hpsssb.hp.gov.in
- Lifestyle Neha Kakkar And Rohanpreet Singh Shells Out Major Couple Fashion Goals As They Twin In Black
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In March
HMSI or Honda Motorcycles & Scooters India is said to be working on the introduction of the next-generation Activa scooter for the Indian market. Christened the Honda Activa 6G, the scooter is expected to go on sale in the country on the 15th of January 2020.
Ahead of its expected launch in the country, the Honda Activa 6G specs have been revealed through a leaked document by IAB. The leaked document reveals the specs of the upcoming scooter in India, along with its dimensions and certain features as well.
According to the document, the Honda Activa 6G will be powered by a BS6-compliant version of the same 109.51cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine. It produces 7.6bhp at 8000rpm, which is slightly less than the outgoing Activa 5G model which churned out 8bhp.
Apart from the slight decrease in power, the upcoming Honda Activa 6G will also come with fuel-injection technology as well, along with the brand's HET (Honda Eco Technology) system. Being a BS6-compliant scooter, Honda could also introduce its eSP (Enhanced Smart Power) technology and Silent Start System as well - these features first debuted on the Honda Activa 125 BS-VI model.
The new Honda Activa 6G will also feature an increase in its length and wheelbase, compared to the outgoing Activa 5G. As per the documents, the Honda Activa 6G will measure 1833mm in length, 697mm in width, 1156mm in height and have a wheelbase of 1260mm.
For comparison, the Honda Activa 6G is longer than the Activa 5G by 72mm, narrower by 13mm and shorter by 2mm. The upcoming scooter's wheelbase is also longer by 22mm.
In terms of features, the Honda Activa 6G will come with a number of additional equipment over that of the outgoing Activa 5G model. This includes a semi-digital instrument cluster, LED lighting all around, pass-light button, external fuel filler cap and a host of others as well. The exact feature-list though is yet to be confirmed.
The Honda Activa 5G is currently offered with a starting price of Rs 57,094 ex-showroom (Delhi). The next-generation Activa 6G will be priced slightly higher than the current model in the Indian market. We can expect the Honda Activa 6G to be offered with a price range in the Rs 60,000 bracket.
Thoughts On The Honda Activa 6G Specs
The Honda Activa scooter is one of the most popular names in the two-wheeler segment in the country. The Honda Activa has been on sale in the Indian market for over a decade, having undergone a number of updates and changes over the years. The next-generation Activa scooter once launched in India will continue to rival the likes of the TVS Jupiter and the Hero Pleasure 110.