- 3 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 5 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 6 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Japanese two-wheeler manufacturer, Honda, has just unveiled a teaser video of the all new Honda Activa 6G, and the teaser announces that the scooter will be launched in India on 15 January. The all-new sixth-generation scooter will feature a BS6 compliant engine.
*Images for representational purposes only
The Honda Activa is the best selling automatic scooter in the Indian market. The company claims to register about 2.5 lakh units in sales every month. The company constantly upgrades its Activa models to keep the scooter in sync with changing needs of customers.
Official communication from Honda Two Wheelers India says - ‘Greetings and New Year Wishes from Honda 2Wheelers India. Get ready to venture into a game changing year. The game begins on 15th January 2020! After all, what's 2020 without a 6?'
The soon-to-be launched Honda Activa 6G is expected to be heavy in connectivity features (considering the Indian consumer is turning towards ‘connected' vehicles.
Honda could be the first scooter manufacturer in India to offer connectivity features on the Activa 6G. Should they, Activa 6G users will be able to connect their smartphones to the digital instrument cluster and access a variety of controls and in-phone features as well.
Expectations are that the Honda Activa 6G will feature 12-inch alloy wheels, telescopic forks at the front, and optional disc brakes. The scooter is expected to feature the same 109.19cc HET air-cooled engine, albeit in a BS6 compliant format.
The current BS4 compliant engine on the current-generation Honda Activa produces 8bhp of power and 9Nm of torque. The new BS6 compliant engine will arrive with different power and performance figures.
The current-generation Honda Activa 5G is priced at Rs 57,094, and we expect the new 6G model to carry a premium of between Rs 5,000 and Rs 8,500, effectively taking the price to roughly Rs 65,500. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom, India.
Once launched, the Honda Activa 6G will compete with the TVS Jupiter BS6 models.
Thoughts About Honda Launching The Activa 6G on 15 January
Well, better sooner than later. The focus of all manufacturers is to launch BS6 compliant models of their current portfolio, and as always, an early bird catches the prey. The faster a manufacturer offers a BS6 compliant scooter, the more market share it will retain. We hope the Activa 6G does just as well as the other Activa models have done for the company.