- 12 hrs ago Triumph Tiger 900 Pre-Bookings Open Officially: India Launch Expected In Coming Weeks
- 12 hrs ago Kia Soul Petrol & EV Models Being Evaluated For The Indian Market
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Tucson Facelift India Launch Timeline Revealed: Will Rival Upcoming Skoda Karoq
- 16 hrs ago COVID-19 Lockdown: Government Extends Vehicle Document Validity Period Till 31st Of July
- Movies Salman Khan’s Bodyguard Shera Celebrates Eid With Him: My Eid Isn’t Complete Without My Maalik
- News Karnataka govt allows exemptions for ministers, airlines crew from quarantine norms
- Sports Bayern coach Flick bemoans lack of fans at 'special' Dortmund clash
- Technology Realme Power Bank 2 With Two-Way Fast Charging Launched For Rs. 999
- Lifestyle How Does Chronic Pain Affect The Immune System?
- Finance HDFC Net Profits Fall, Declares Rs 21 Per Share Dividend
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India has announced an increase in prices of their Honda Activa 6G models. The price increase is marginal, and has gone up by Rs 552. The scooter is available in two variants, and is now priced starting at Rs 64,464.
The Honda Activa 6G was launched during January this year, and arrived with a host of updates and new features. The models arrive with longer dimensions, better ground clearance, and a longer wheelbase.
The 2020 Honda Activa 6G models feature an ACG starter, LED headlamps (on the Deluxe variant), and engine start/ stop button, an external fuel filler cap, telescopic forks at the front, a three-step adjustable suspension set-up at the rear, and an 18-litre under-seat storage.
Both variants are powered by a 109cc single-cylinder, air-cooled engine that produces 7.79 brake horsepower and 8.79Nm of torque. The scooter also features the company's PGM-Fi technology that offers engine refinement, enhanced performance, and better fuel efficiency.
The Honda Activa 6G BS6 models are available in six different colours - Black, Dazzle Yellow Metallic, Glitter Blue Metallic, Matte Axis Grey Metallic, Pearl Precious White, and Pearl Spartan Red.
The scooter is available in Standard and Deluxe variants that are now priced at Rs 64,464, and Rs 65,964, respectively. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom, Delhi.
In related news, the company has officially discontinued its Honda Cliq model in India. The company announced a discontinuation last year but was listed on the brand's website until recently with the aim of selling what BS4 compliant stock it had lft.
The Cliq isn't the only model that the company has unlisted from its website. The Honda Aviator and Grazia have also been unlisted, temporarily of course. The current lock down across the country has forced Honda to postpone BS6 upgrades for the scooters, and they are expected to receive upgrades in due course of time.
Thoughts About Honda Increasing The Price Of The Activa 6G Models
We're unsure why Honda has increased prices of the Activa 6G models, considering the economic crisis the country is currently facing, and the expected financial crisis it is expected to face over the foreseeable future. Well, we hope they're able to sell as many Activa 6G models as they can — any sort of increase in price during the current situation has a high chance of backfiring.