- 7 min ago Mitsubishi Ralliart Set To Make A Comeback: Lots Of Sideways Rallying Action Coming Soon
- 3 hrs ago New Mahindra Scorpio Spied Testing In Desert Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Andalucia Rally Final Results: Hero MotoSports Finishes 4th Overall In The Road To Dakar Rally
- 7 hrs ago TVS Ntorq 125 Sales Cross 1 Lakh Units Mark In International Markets: New Milestone Achieved!
- News Coronavirus crisis: PM Modi to interact with field officials from states, districts on Tuesday
- Sports SS Das named Indian women's team's batting coach
- Movies Sambhavna Seth Remembers Her Late Father By Penning An Emotional Note, Says His Death Will Always Sting
- Education Calcutta University Result 2021 Declared For BA And BSc Odd Semester
- Technology Oppo Reno6 5G Live Images Surface; iPhone 12 Ripoff?
- Finance Facebook To Come Up With Its Own Cryptocurrency Diem In 2021
- Lifestyle Dexamethasone Vs Methylprednisolone In COVID-19 Treatment: Which Drug Is Better?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In May
Hero MotoCorp has teased the arrival of the BS6-compliant versions of the Xtreme 200S and Xpulse 200T motorcycles in the Indian market. The official company website now states both motorcycles as 'coming soon', indicating a launch probably in the coming months.
Both motorcycles, the Hero Xtreme 200S and the Xpulse 200T are expected to receive just the updated BS6-compliant engine. No other changes, additional features or updates are expected to be made to either of them.
The Hero Xtreme 200S is a fully-faired motorcycle while the Xpulse 200T is a tourer offering. Both motorcycles already come with a host of features, including a digital instrument cluster, LED headlamps, LED taillights, LED DRLs, stylish alloy wheels and a host of other equipment as well.
The Hero Xpulse 200T also borrows a lot of components from its more off-road-oriented Xpulse 200 motorcycle, which has already been updated to comply with the new emission norms.
Both motorcycles are part of Hero MotoCorp's ‘X' range, which have five models in its lineup. This includes the Xpulse 200, Xpulse 200T, Xtreme 200R, Xtreme 200S and the newly-introduced Xtreme 160R.
While the Xtreme 160R and Xpulse 200 are already compliant with the BS6 emission norms, the Xtreme 200S and Xpulse 200T have now been confirmed for a launch soon. This leaves just the Xtreme 200R in the lineup, yet to be updated.
All motorcycles in the range, apart from the Xtreme 160R carry forward the same 200cc engine. The BS6-compliant 199cc single-cylinder engine produces 17.7bhp at 8500rpm and 16.45Nm of peak torque at 6400rpm and is mated to a five-speed gearbox.
The current BS4 iterations of the Hero Xtreme 200S and the Xpulse 200T are priced at Rs 1.02 lakh and Rs 96,500, respectively. However, with the BS6 update expected soon, we can also expect these prices to increase anywhere between Rs 5,000 - Rs 10,000. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts On The Hero Xtreme 200S & Xpulse 200T BS6 Models
Both the Hero Xtreme 200S & Xpulse 200T BS6 models have been awaited eagerly in the Indian market. Once launched in India, the two motorcycles will rival the likes of the TVS Apache RTR 200 4V, Bajaj Pulsar NS200, Bajaj Pulsar RS200 and the likes.