- 1 hr ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 3 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- 5 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Model Launching Soon: Brand Releases Teaser Via Social Media
- News Woman constable transferred hours after arresting son of Gujarat minister
- Lifestyle Blepharitis: Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Movies Yaara Trailer: Vidyut Jammwal, Amit Sadh, Shruti Haasan's Crime Drama Is An Ode To Friendship
- Sports "I always looked up to Sardar Singh, his discipline was infectious," says India Colts midfielder Vishal Antil
- Technology Redmi Note 9 Confirmed To Launch On July 20 In India
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Hero MotoCorp have begun accepting registrations for test riding the Xtreme 160R ahead of its launch in India. Buyers looking to test ride the motorcycle can head over to the brand's official website to register for the test ride.
The Xtreme 160R was unveiled at the brand's facility in March before the nation-wide lockdown was announced in the country. The motorcycle was expected to arrive much earlier in the country, however, due to the ongoing pandemic, the launch has been delayed in the country.
The 160cc naked street-fighter motorcycle is expected to be launched soon in the market. With the company announcing the commitment of test ride registrations, we expected the launch to happen in the coming weeks.
The motorcycle comes powered by an air-cooled, single-cylinder 160cc engine. It produces a maximum power of 15bhp at 8000rpm and a peak torque of 14Nm at 6500rpm. The engine comes mated to standard a five-speed gearbox. The company claims that it will be the fastest 160cc motorcycle in the Indian market that can accelerate from 0 - 60km/h in just 4.7 seconds.
The Xtreme 160R's design is inspired by the brand Xtreme 1.R Concept model, showcased back at EICMA 2019. The motorcycle features an aggressive LED headlamp cluster, rectangular-shaped turn indicators at both ends, and a blacked-out tail-lamps. The streetfighter looks of the motorcycle are further accentuated by the muscular fuel tank and a stubby exhaust.
Other design elements on the motorcycle include a dual-tone paint scheme, a single-piece seat, rear grab-rails integrated into the rear fairing, and a reflector rims tape at both ends. The motorcycle features conventional and upright handlebar and expected to offer a relaxed riding position as well. It also comes equipped with a fully digital instrument cluster offering a host of information to the rider.
Suspension duties on the motorcycle will be handled by 37mm telescopic forks at the front and a seven-step adjustable mono-shock setup at the rear. Braking ion the 160R is done via 276mm and 220mm petal discs at the front and rear, respectively. The motorcycle is offered with a single-channel ABS as standard.
The new Hero Xtreme 160R will be offered in two variants: single-disc and double-disc trims. Buyers have an option to choose from three dual-tone paint schemes offered by the company: White/ Grey, Blue/Grey and Sports Red/Grey.
Once launched, the Hero Xtreme 160R rivals the Suzuki Gixxer 150, Yamaha FZ16, Bajaj Pulsar NS 160; among other 160cc motorcycles in the Indian market. The Xtreme 160R will be placed in one among the most competitive motorcycle segments in the Indian market.
Thoughts About The Hero Xtreme 160R Test Ride Registrations Open Ahead Of Launch
Hero has managed to pull a trick out of the hat with the Xtreme 160R's design. The motorcycle looks stunning placed against its rivals in the 160cc category. According to the company, the motorcycle also comes packed with performance to match the looks. The motorcycle will certainly appeal to younger buyers looking for a 160cc motorcycle.