- 7 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Four-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 8 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Space From Previous Week
- 22 hrs ago Ather Energy To Enter Delhi Market Soon: The 450X To Be Priced Rs 15,000 Lower
- 1 day ago Independence Day: India’s Five Most Iconic Cars Which Changed The Landscape Of The Auto Industry
- Sports IPL 2020: Chennai Super Kings to organise a week's training camp at Chepauk; MS Dhoni, Suresh Raina to attend
- News Asked if I am Indian for not speaking in Hindi at airport: DMK'sKanimozhi
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra, Mi 10 Ultra Anniversary Edition Leaks Online; Launch Set For August 11
- Movies Sushant Singh Case: Father KK Singh Files Counter Affidavit Before SC Against Rhea Chakraborty
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Opts For A Gorgeous Blue Saree For Rana Daggubati’s Wedding
- Finance Mukesh Ambani Is Now The World's 4th Richest; Amasses $22 Billion This Year
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Hero MotoCrop recently launched the much-awaited Xtreme 160R motorcycle last month in the Indian market. The new naked motorcycle is offered in two variants: front disc and double-disc, with prices starting at Rs 99,950.
The top-spec double-disc variant retails at Rs 1.03 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi). According to the report from Zigwheels, the Xtreme 160R motorcycle has begun to arrive at various dealerships across the country.
The motorcycle comes powered by an air-cooled, single-cylinder 160cc engine. It produces a maximum power of 15bhp at 8000rpm and a peak torque of 14Nm at 6500rpm. The engine comes mated to standard a five-speed gearbox.
Hero claims that the Xtreme 160R can accelerate from 0km/h to 60km/h in 4.7 seconds. It will also feature the best-in-class power-to-weight ratio making it one among the fastest motorcycles in the segment. The motorcycle is tipping scales at just 138.5 kilograms for the base-spec model, while the top-spec trim weighs 1 kilo heavier.
The Xtreme 160R's design is inspired by the brand Xtreme 1.R Concept model, showcased at EICMA motor show in 2019. It features an aggressive LED headlamp cluster, rectangular-shaped turn indicators at both ends, and a blacked-out tail-lamps. The streetfighter looks of the motorcycle are further accentuated by a muscular fuel tank and a stubby exhaust.
Other features include a dual-tone paint scheme, a single-piece seat, rear grab-rails integrated into the rear fairing, and a reflector rims tape at both ends. It also comes equipped with a fully digital instrument cluster offering a host of information to the rider.
The Xtreme 160R features upright handlebar and expected to offer a relaxed riding position as well. Speaking about the relaxed riding position, It features a 37mm telescopic forks at the front and a seven-step adjustable mono-shock setup at the rear.
Braking on the motorcycle is done via 276mm and 220mm petal discs at the front and the rear, respectively. The lower variant model features a 130mm drum brake. The motorcycle is offered with a single-channel ABS as standard.
Once launched, the Hero Xtreme 160R rivals the Suzuki Gixxer 150, Yamaha FZ16, Bajaj Pulsar NS 160; among other 160cc motorcycles in the Indian market. The Xtreme 160R will be placed in one among the most competitive motorcycle segments in the Indian market.
Thoughts On The Hero Xtreme 160R Arrives At Dealerships After Its Launch Last Month
The Hero Xtreme 160R is a new entry-level model to the brand's X-lineup of motorcycles. The motorcycle features an aggressive and appealing design, especially with a younger audience. The motorcycle also comes packed with performance to match the looks.