- 4 hrs ago Ather 450X Price After Subsidy Under Fame 2 Incentives: City-Wise Price List & FAQs
- 5 hrs ago 2021 BMW R 1250 GS BS6 India Launch Teased: Expected Price & Available Variants
- 6 hrs ago Driving License & Vehicle Registration Validity Extended Until 30 September
- 8 hrs ago Hero Electric Scooter Prices Dropped By Up To Rs 15,000: Optima HX FAME 2 Subsidy Revised Price List
- Finance NTPC Q4 Profit Zooms To Rs 4,649 Crore
- Movies Maanaadu: Meherezylaa Song Teaser Promises A Unique Romantic Number!
- News Major reshuffle: Gujarat government transfers more than 70 IAS officers
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
- Education UGC Launches Academic Job Portal For NET, SET, PhD Qualified Candidates
- Lifestyle Father’s Day 2021: Here’s The History And Significance Of This Day
- Sports Milkha Singh passes away: Indian cricket team wear black armbands as a mark of respect to the ‘Flying Sikh’
- Technology OnePlus Nord CE 5G Gets Second Update Following Launch; What's Improved?
New Delhi based Hero MotoCorp showcased a prototype adventure styled motorcycle at the recent Auto Expo. While the company hasn't released an official statement just yet, the showcased motorcycle points in the direction the company is headed towards.
The prototype adventure motorcycle is still displayed at the company's Global Center for Innovation and Technology at Jaipur, albeit minus all the body work. One can however tell that there's a new steel trellis frame.
Industry speculation is that the motorcycle will feature a larger engine - between 300cc and 500cc, and that the motorcycle will compete with the KTM Adventure 390 once launched.
While details are limited, one has to keep in mind that Hero is capable of, and has resources to help with launching a motorcycle that can compete with the current set of adventure bikes in the segment.
The company has motor sports and rally teams that participate at the Dakar Rally, the Head of Chassis Development is the infamous David Lopez (credited with the design and development of the Triumph Tiger 800's chassis), and accredited and title winning talent like CS Santosh - all of whom can bring their expertise to the build.
The company recently launched the Xpulse 200 Rally Kit after researching and developing it with inputs from it Rally Team. This shows that the company is committed to the adventure segments, and could go on to become a formidable force within that space.
Rumor has it that the motorcycle will be part of the Xpulse line and could arrive with either a 300 badge or a 400 badge on it. Considering that the company's Rally Team uses 450cc engines, this sounds fairly possible.
Thoughts Of About The Possibility Of Hero MotoCorp Launching A Larger Displacement Adventure Motorcycle
While one gets excited by the most of Hero's concept and prototype motorcycles, there's no denying the fact that most of these motorcycles do not make it past a motorcycle show. Either way, we're hoping this motorcycle makes it to production soon. We'd like to say ‘we expect to see this motorcycle launched sometime next year' but only time will tell.