- 12 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG Variant Production Beings: India Launch Expected Soon
- 14 hrs ago Jeep Compass Facelift Global Unveil Set To June 4: Here Are All The Details
- 15 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.48 Crore
- 17 hrs ago New Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.33 Crore
- Technology Redmi Display 1A Monitor Announced With Thin-Bezel Design, Affordable Price Tag
- Finance BPCL Launches Whatsapp Facility For Booking Cooking Gas: Here's How To Do?
- News Mumbai: 25 rescued after fire breaks out at Hotel Fortune on Marine Lines
- Movies Prithviraj's Aadujeevitham: Here's Everything You Need To Know About The Next Schedule!
- Lifestyle Did You Know That Talking To Yourself Can Reduce Stress? The Benefits Of Positive Self-talk
- Sports Dravid says non-contracted and U-19 players have received mental health lessons in lockdown
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
New Delhi based Hero MotoCorp showcased a prototype adventure styled motorcycle at the recent Auto Expo. While the company hasn't released an official statement just yet, the showcased motorcycle points in the direction the company is headed towards.
The prototype adventure motorcycle is still displayed at the company's Global Center for Innovation and Technology at Jaipur, albeit minus all the body work. One can however tell that there's a new steel trellis frame.
Industry speculation is that the motorcycle will feature a larger engine - between 300cc and 500cc, and that the motorcycle will compete with the KTM Adventure 390 once launched.
While details are limited, one has to keep in mind that Hero is capable of, and has resources to help with launching a motorcycle that can compete with the current set of adventure bikes in the segment.
The company has motor sports and rally teams that participate at the Dakar Rally, the Head of Chassis Development is the infamous David Lopez (credited with the design and development of the Triumph Tiger 800's chassis), and accredited and title winning talent like CS Santosh - all of whom can bring their expertise to the build.
The company recently launched the Xpulse 200 Rally Kit after researching and developing it with inputs from it Rally Team. This shows that the company is committed to the adventure segments, and could go on to become a formidable force within that space.
Rumor has it that the motorcycle will be part of the Xpulse line and could arrive with either a 300 badge or a 400 badge on it. Considering that the company's Rally Team uses 450cc engines, this sounds fairly possible.
Thoughts Of About The Possibility Of Hero MotoCorp Launching A Larger Displacement Adventure Motorcycle
While one gets excited by the most of Hero's concept and prototype motorcycles, there's no denying the fact that most of these motorcycles do not make it past a motorcycle show. Either way, we're hoping this motorcycle makes it to production soon. We'd like to say ‘we expect to see this motorcycle launched sometime next year' but only time will tell.