- 15 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- 16 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: BMW F 900 R, F 900 XR, Versys 1000, BattRE Scooters Launched & More
- 1 day ago Triumph Scrambler 1200 Bond Edition Revealed: Limited To 250 Units Worldwide
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Hunter Spotted Testing Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Movies Fukrey 3 Might Revolve Around The COVID-19 Pandemic, Reveals Director Mrigdeep Singh Lamba
- News As domestic flight ops resume, States issue SOPs for flyers
- Technology Reliance Jio Discontinues Rs. 98, Rs. 1,299 And Some Add-On Packs
- Sports Georgian tennis star Basilashvili charged with assaulting ex-wife
- Lifestyle What Are Mood Disorders? Its Types, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance Markets Next Week: Watch For These Factors
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Hero MotoCorp, the world's largest two-wheeler manufacturer has announced it will soon be restarting operations in India. The decision to commence production comes as part of the relaxations put in place on the lockdown regulations by the central government.
Hero MotoCorp have received all the approvals required to restart its operations. The commencement of production will, however, take place under the guidelines stipulated by the Home Affairs Ministry of the Government of India.
The company will begin operations in a phase-wise manner across all its three manufacturing facilities: Gurugram, Dharuhera and Haridwar. While the factories reopen today, production will begin from the 6th of May, 2020 (Wednesday).
Hero MotoCorp also stated that apart from the three facilities, only essential staff will return to corporate offices. This will further help ensure social distancing norms and safety measures at such offices are observed. All other employees will continue to Work From Home (WFH) until further notice.
Also, until full normalcy is restored, Hero has prescribed a mandatory set of guidelines to be followed by all employees returning to work. This includes:
- Mandatory self-declaration of health and daily updates via the Aarogya Setu app.
- Wearing protective gear such as face masks/shield, along with regular sanitisation of personal items/work stations.
- No celebratory/business gatherings.
- No domestic/international travel.
- No visitors at company premises. Employees are also not allowed to visit vendors or dealer-partners.
- Sanitisation of buses, all workplaces and all office vehicles.
Dr Pawan Munjal, Chairman, Hero MotoCorp, stated:
"The health, safety and overall wellbeing of everyone in our large ecosystem have been the top priority for us at Hero MotoCorp. From the early onset of COVID-19, we have been proactive in our business community plan and this has helped us during the much-needed nationwide lockdown."
"We are now ready to hit the ground sprinting as we commence the reopening of our facilities. The wellbeing of the citizens continues to be our focus and the running of our economic engines is crucial to ensure their health and prosperity. With meticulous planning and enthusiasm, we are set to recommence operations."
Thoughts About Hero MotoCorp Restarting Production Operations
Hero MotoCorp shut down production operations almost one and a half months back on the 22nd of March 2020. With the government now offering relaxation in the lockdown regulations, vehicle manufacturers have finally started commencing operations. This is a much-needed boost to help the Indian economy to get back on track.