- 11 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG Variant Production Beings: India Launch Expected Soon
- 13 hrs ago Jeep Compass Facelift Global Unveil Set To June 4: Here Are All The Details
- 15 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.48 Crore
- 16 hrs ago New Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.33 Crore
- Finance BPCL Launches Whatsapp Facility For Booking Cooking Gas: Here's How To Do?
- Technology TikTok App Download For JioPhone: How To Install TikTok App In JioPhone
- News Mumbai: 25 rescued after fire breaks out at Hotel Fortune on Marine Lines
- Movies Prithviraj's Aadujeevitham: Here's Everything You Need To Know About The Next Schedule!
- Lifestyle Did You Know That Talking To Yourself Can Reduce Stress? The Benefits Of Positive Self-talk
- Sports Dravid says non-contracted and U-19 players have received mental health lessons in lockdown
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The Hero Maestro Electric Proto concept electric scooter has been spotted ahead of its India launch. The eMaestro electric scooter will be the brand's first product offering to the EV segment in India.
The images of the upcoming Hero eMaestro from 91 Wheels reveal the scooter to feature a fully digital instrument cluster. The upcoming electric scooter is expected to be launched sometime during this year.
Talking about the upcoming electric scooter's design, the Hero eMaestro Proto electric scooter will be based on the Maestro 125. It is expected to feature a masked-out LED headlamp with integrated DRLs, and it will also feature LED taillamps. The images reveal the prototype scooter to feature copper finished wheels and a front suspension unit. It is also expected to have some unique features that will complement the electric nature of the scooter as well.
The Hero eMaestro is still at its concept stage and not many details have been revealed about the powertrain by the company. However, from the leaked images we can confirm that the upcoming electric scooter will feature a permanent magnet hub-mounted motor connected to a Lithium-ion battery pack placed under the footboard.
Other features on the Maestro electric include a fully-digital instrument cluster, multiple riding modes that can be toggled using a rotary switch placed on the left side of the handlebar. It will also feature the connected technology with smartphone pairing via an application.
The upcoming electric scooter will feature telescopic forks at the front and a mono-shock setup at the rear. Braking duties are expected to be handled by drum brakes at both ends. Whether the scooter will feature any form of regenerative braking remains to be seen.
In related news, Hero Electric has stated that Indian motorists will rapidly shift to electric mobility because of the Covid-19 outbreak. The company feels that there will be an increase in demand for personal transport, especially in the electric two-wheeler segment in India.
The company is encouraging the shift to electric mobility by offering discounts across its entire range of electric scooters. The discount offers are limited to orders made online — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Hero Maestro Electric Proto Concept Scooter
The Hero eMaestro features simple looks with subtle changes to stand apart from its IC engine powered counterpart. With the increasing demand for EVs in the country, most mainstream manufacturers have either launched a new electric scooter or are developing one for the Indian market.