- 14 hrs ago Tata Motors Deliver 100 Safari SUVs On A Single Day In Delhi-NCR: Here Are All The Details!
- 16 hrs ago 2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan Review: Do The Changes Justify The Price Upgrade?
- 17 hrs ago New Bajaj Platina 100 ES (Electric Start) Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 53,920
- 20 hrs ago 2021 TVS Star City+ Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 68,465
- News Police say letter claiming responsibility for car near Ambani’s house may be a hoax
- Finance MTAR Technologies IPO Opens: Should You Subscribe?
- Movies Happy Birthday Shraddha Kapoor: From Prabhas To Varun Dhawan, When Her Co-Stars Heaped Praises On Her!
- Sports Verstappen catches the eye but Mercedes chief Wolff rules out 'flirting' with F1 new generation
- Technology Reliance Digital March Sale: Discount Offers On Premium Smartphones
- Lifestyle Covishield Vs Covaxin: Everything You Need To Know And List Of Vaccination Centres In Major Cities In India
- Education MPSC State Service Admit Card 2021 For Prelims Released
- Travel 10 Best Family-Friendly Destinations To Visit In India In March
Calicut based custom motorcycle builder, Mohamed Adhil, has just finished his first custom motorcycle - a modified Hero Karizma R that has been rechristened Katalan.
The Karizma R features heavy modifications and custom built parts that give the motorcycle a stripped down scrambler look. Mohamed Adhil uploaded some photographs of the custom built Karizma over social media.
The modified Hero Karizma R features a rather simple, very functional headlight assemble. The modified motorcycle gets a simple round headlight that features a lens grille, turn signal indicators that are mounted on the fork stays, and a rally style front mudguard.
The handlebar has been replaced in order to achieve the best riding triangle possible. The modified Karizma R also features a brushed aluminium switch-gear panel, single pod instrument cluster, and starter and kill-switch modules mounted on the sides.
The Katalan also features a compass on the fuel tank, shortened wiring that rests under the fuel tank, and a battery housing that has been neatly placed near the swing arm.
The air intake system on the modified Hero Karizma R is house in a custom built box that has been tucked away behind the side panel, the front forks have been swapped with the front forks of the Hero Impulse, allowing for more travel and better handling across different terrain.
The factory installed foot pegs and gear lever have been swapped with more rugged and durable ones. In addition, the modified Karizma R features a hand built, top mounted stainless steel one-into-two exhaust system. One muffler has been blacked-out and is hidden behind the side panel that has ‘82' painted on it.
The other muffler features a stainless steel finish, and uses a flex pipe (featured in four-wheelers) at the rear section to allow for softer movement while riding over tough terrain. The motorcycle also features a hand crafted, heavy duty bash plate.
The scrambler styled Hero Karizma R features Timsun 90/90-19 tyres at the front and Ralco 120/90-17 tyres at the rear. Both tyres are knobby and can be use across multiple terrain.
The modified motorcycle has been tastefully painted and features British green and satin on the tank, satin on the side panels and the front mudguard, and black for the handlebar and wheel rims.
No modifications have been made to the engine of the motorcycle and it continues to feature the Hero Karizma R's 223cc air-cooled, single cylinder petrol engine that produces 19.2bhp of power and 19.35Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a five-speed gearbox.
Performance of the modified motorcycle however, is expected to be much better than the Karizma R because of the power-to-weight ratio.
Thoughts About The Modified Hero Karizma R
We think Mohamed Adhil has done a fantastic job with this modification. Obviously. The Karizma R was modified over a period of two years, at a backyard, with basic and some intermediate tools. The work is excellent, and honestly, we're wanting to ride this motorcycle without doubt!