- 1 hr ago Toyota RAV4 Expected India Launch Next Year: Here Are All Details
- 3 hrs ago Mahindra Marazzo BS6 Prices Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 4 hrs ago Tata Nexon & Altroz Price Increase Announced In India: Here Is The New Price List
- 6 hrs ago Ford Freestyle Flair Brochure Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details
- News No hard feelings, says Congress's Sachin Pilot, back in Jaipur
- Finance India's Factory Output Contracts 16.6% In June Amid COVID-19
- Movies Kubbra Sait Supports #SuspendTeamKangana; Her Request For Kangana Ranaut 'Be Kind And Responsible'
- Sports Inaugural Lanka Premier League postponed due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Technology Huawei Mate 40 New Listing Reveals Storage Configuration: Everything Know So Far
- Lifestyle Alcohol, Coffee, Tea, Ice Cream, Eggs And Other Foods That Cause Headaches
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
New Delhi based two-wheeler manufacturer, Hero MotoCorp, has filedd a trademark application for the Hero Freedo. According to Rushlane, details about the scooter remain unknown, and Freedo could possibly be derived from the word freedom.
Speculation is that the scooter could be an all-electric that could be introduced to take on the Bajaj Chetak electric, and Ather Energy's 450 model.
Hero MotoCorp showcased an all-electric during the Delhi Auto Expo 2016, and called it the Duet all-electric at the time. The Freedo could be a final, production-spec version of the Duet electric.
Rumor also has it that the Hero Freedo could be a new petrol powered scooter or motorcycle. While information is scarce, what we do know for sure is that there's a new Hero two-wheeler in the making.
Bearing in mind the limited-to-no information available for the Hero Freedo, we assume the product will most certainly be a scooter, electric or otherwise. One simply cannot fathom a motorcycle called Freedo.
The company's current portfolio consists of six scooters - the Duet, the Destiny 125, the Maestro, the Maestro Edge 125, the Pleasure, and the Pleasure Plus. Hero also sell 15 motorcycle models, most of which are targeted at the mass markets.
The company feels that adding another model to its existing portfolio will increase sales and its market share, because they've always concentrated on the mass commuter market.
The new product named Freedo is expected to be launched closer to the end of the year. Hero MotoCorp, the world's largest motorcycle manufacturer, has already announced missing this year's Auto Expo.
In Hero related news, while the company is still facing the brunt of the recession in the Auto Industry, the manufacturer surpassed the 2.5 crore mark as far as manufacturing is concerned. The company crossed this milestone during November last year. To read more, click here.
Thoughts About The Trademark Application Filed For The Hero Freedo
About time we think! Hero MotoCorp usually takes its own sweet time to move a two-wheeler from concept to production. This hasn't played out well for the company in the past, and we're still talking about a scooter showcased in its concept form from four years ago. That name though! Some one binge watched Lord Of The Rings.