- 17 hrs ago Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin Models To Launch In India On 5 March: Details And Expected Prices
- 17 hrs ago New (2020) Land Rover Defender Launched In India At Rs 69.99 Lakh: Bookings Now Open
- 19 hrs ago Toyota Vellfire Premium MPV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 79.50 Lakh
- 21 hrs ago Revolt Intellicorp To Expand Presence In India: Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Chennai & Mumbai On List
- News New UPSC Revised Tie Breaking Principles
- Finance Stocks To Watch Out For On February 27, 2020
- Technology Flipkart Sale And Discount Offers: Top Deals On Best Selling Laptops In India
- Sports Real Madrid 1-2 Manchester City: Jesus and De Bruyne seal stunning comeback
- Movies Thappad Movie Review: Taapsee Pannu's Film Echoes Loud And Makes A Powerful Statement
- Lifestyle 22 Foods Rich In Sodium And Alternative Healthier Options
- Travel Least Polluted Cities In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
New Delhi based two-wheeler manufacturer, Hero MotoCorp, has filedd a trademark application for the Hero Freedo. According to Rushlane, details about the scooter remain unknown, and Freedo could possibly be derived from the word freedom.
Speculation is that the scooter could be an all-electric that could be introduced to take on the Bajaj Chetak electric, and Ather Energy's 450 model.
Hero MotoCorp showcased an all-electric during the Delhi Auto Expo 2016, and called it the Duet all-electric at the time. The Freedo could be a final, production-spec version of the Duet electric.
Rumor also has it that the Hero Freedo could be a new petrol powered scooter or motorcycle. While information is scarce, what we do know for sure is that there's a new Hero two-wheeler in the making.
Bearing in mind the limited-to-no information available for the Hero Freedo, we assume the product will most certainly be a scooter, electric or otherwise. One simply cannot fathom a motorcycle called Freedo.
The company's current portfolio consists of six scooters - the Duet, the Destiny 125, the Maestro, the Maestro Edge 125, the Pleasure, and the Pleasure Plus. Hero also sell 15 motorcycle models, most of which are targeted at the mass markets.
The company feels that adding another model to its existing portfolio will increase sales and its market share, because they've always concentrated on the mass commuter market.
The new product named Freedo is expected to be launched closer to the end of the year. Hero MotoCorp, the world's largest motorcycle manufacturer, has already announced missing this year's Auto Expo.
In Hero related news, while the company is still facing the brunt of the recession in the Auto Industry, the manufacturer surpassed the 2.5 crore mark as far as manufacturing is concerned. The company crossed this milestone during November last year. To read more, click here.
Thoughts About The Trademark Application Filed For The Hero Freedo
About time we think! Hero MotoCorp usually takes its own sweet time to move a two-wheeler from concept to production. This hasn't played out well for the company in the past, and we're still talking about a scooter showcased in its concept form from four years ago. That name though! Some one binge watched Lord Of The Rings.