- 40 min ago Maruti Ertiga Becomes India’s Best-Selling MPV In FY 2019-20: Registers Over 90,000 Units of Sales
- 1 hr ago Hyundai ‘Click to Buy’ Online Purchasing Service Launched Across India
- 1 hr ago Maxxis Tyres Partners With Yamaha: To Sell Co-Branded Tyres At Yamaha Dealerships
- 2 hrs ago Hero Xtreme 200S & Xpulse 200T BS6 Motorcycles Teased Ahead Of India Launch
- Technology Helo Announces Rohan Mishra As New India Head
- Movies As One Of The Biggest Commercially Successful Actors, Shraddha Kapoor Is Conquering The Box Office!
- Finance Mukesh Ambani Richest Indian On Forbes Billionaires List 2020
- Sports Takeaway from IPL: When Steve Smith's tips for Ranji season helped Rajasthan Royals' all-rounder Riyan Parag
- News EMI moratorium fraud: Banks asking customers to be alert, not to share OTP
- Lifestyle Pranutan Bahl Surprises Us With Her Bold Blue Dress And Butterfly Wings-Inspired Sandals
- Education Impact of Coronavirus on College Education in India: Dr Swati Mujumdar, Symbiosis, Speaks
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In April
Hero Electric is all set to launch a new electric two-wheeler in the Indian market. The manufacturer will be launching the electric motorcycle at the upcoming 2020 Auto Expo. Spy images posted by Car & Bike gives us a glimpse of the upcoming electric motorcycle.
Hero Electric has been around for a while now and is quite simply the largest electric two-wheeler manufacturer in India, having sold over three lakh electric two-wheelers. However, they are all entry-level EVs since the company does not make a premium electric vehicle.
Now though, it appears as if Hero has been working on a new electric motorcycle that will help the brand cater to the premium EV market. The spy images give out a few design details of the electric motorcycle.
The design language suggests that it is targeted at the 150-200cc motorcycle segment. It does look like a conventional motorcycle, but has a few premium elements as well. In terms of design, it appears to have a muscular stance and riding position.
The headlamp is completely covered and hence we have no clue about the design up front. However, we see a wide handlebar and a muscular fuel-tank element, but there is no fuel tan in there as it is an EV. The designers seem to have taken a minimalistic approach to the rear with a simple tail-lamp and indicator setup.
One of the premium elements on the motorcycle is the upside-down fork that takes care of suspension duties up front. The electric motorcycle sports disc brakes at the front and rear. We do not have any details with regard to the powertrain and the battery pack.
We do expect it to have a top speed in the range of 80km/h and a range of 120kms on one full charge. It is also expected to feature a digital instrument console with smartphone connectivity and internet connectivity for remote diagnostics, over-the-air updates and navigation.
The electric motorcycle is expected to be launched at the 2020 Auto Expo set to take place between 6 and 12 February and priced at around Rs 1.5 lakh.
Thoughts On Hero Electric Motorcycle Being Spied Before Auto Expo Launch
The Hero electric brand has cemented itself as the leading electric two-wheeler manufacturer for entry-level buyers. However, it has been losing out on premium EV buyers. This new electric motorcycle will be Hero's attempt at entering and competing in the premium EV space. Will it work out? We will have to wait and watch.