- 13 hrs ago Tata Altroz i-Turbo TVC Released Ahead Of Its Launch This Month: Will Rival Hyundai i20 Turbo
- 14 hrs ago All-New Tata Safari Spotted Undisguised Ahead Of Launch: Here Are The Details
- 15 hrs ago Bosch Opens India’s Largest Multi-Brand Car Service Facility In Haryana: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago GoFuel To Deliver High-Speed Diesel At Your Doorstep: Read More To Find Out!
- News Indian-American who lived in airport for 3 months over virus fear arrested
- Movies Khushi Kapoor's Bollywood Debut: Boney Kapoor Says 'You Will Hear An Announcement Soon'
- Finance Sensex Jumps Over 300 Points, Nifty At 14375; Tata Motors Top Gainer
- Sports India vs Australia: Shubman Gill becomes youngest Indian opener to score 50+ runs in fourth innings
- Education KPSC FDA Hall Ticket 2021 Released, Check Direct Link At kpsc.kar.nic.in
- Technology Amazon Quiz Contest Answers For January 19: Win Bosch Mixer Grinder
- Lifestyle Sexual Problems In Men: Causes And Treatments
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
Hero Electric and EV Motors (EVM) India partner to launch rapid charging e-bike in the Indian market. EVM will provide its fast-charging battery pack to power the Hero Electric scooters, which is claimed to charge from 0 to 100 per cent in less than 30 minutes.
The company will also provide ‘PlugNgo' fast-charging stations to help with rapid charging of batteries. According to the company, this quick charge feature makes daily vehicle operation of 130 km to 140 km stress-free.
It will help in bringing down the maintenance & running costs, which will help improve the business. The rapid charging stations will be installed at strategic locations including the Hero dealerships and will be accessible for public charging.
The partnership is primarily targeting the new service for last-mile delivery operation. Initially, a pilot project of around 10,000 e-bikes will be launched in a few cities over the next 12 months, ahead of nationwide launch.
The service has been specially designed for last-mile operations and will cater delivery operators in many sectors such as e-commerce, online food, fleet operators & courier delivery businesses.
Sohinder Gill, CEO, Hero Electric said, "This unique solution of ‘30 minutes Charging' coupled with the easier ownership models may be a game-changer for the EV industry as it will solve three important issues namely- range anxiety, battery replacement costs and the high acquisition price."
He further added, "As a market leader, we'll keep offering a variety of EV adoption options to customers be it battery rapid charging or home charging with lightweight portable batteries. Our upgraded bikes are now ready with the hi-tech batteries from EVM to deliver the best value for money to the discerning customer."
EV Motors offers smart and connected solutions for last-mile delivery operations to ensure longer uptime. It will also provide focused insights related to fleet management and enable the smooth operation of businesses.
It also provides AI-enabled features like vehicle diagnostics, ride statistics, smart battery management system (real-time tracking of battery health, performance and efficiency). The company also provides other advanced features like anti-theft, Geo-Fencing, remote Immobilization, preventive maintenance schedule alert and alarm etc.
Vinit Bansal, Managing Director, EV Motors India said, "We are excited about our partnership with Hero Electric, as it is another step forward towards our commitment to encourage e-mobility and provide a holistic EV infrastructure. We have witnessed huge demand of electric two-wheelers and related services in last-mile delivery operation, keeping in mind the requisition of long-life batteries that can not only be charged very quickly but also can withstand the rigours of high temperatures and Indian driving conditions. Hence, this strategic partnership will help create the necessary competency and technology for building the future of the mobility market in India."
Thoughts About The Hero Electric & EV Motors India Partnering To Launch Rapid Charging E-Bikes
Electric bikes are generally easier to use with very less moving parts, especially for last-mile connectivity. With a rapid charging battery pack along with fast charging stations, it will make for easier adoption of the service in the country. Considering the number of delivery tasks carried out in the country, it would also help reduce a lot of vehicle pollution as well.