- 12 hrs ago Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle Details Revealed: To Be Launched During Festive Season This Year
- 12 hrs ago Harley-Davidson Exit India: American Brand Shuts Down Operations As Part Of New Global Strategy
- 13 hrs ago Land Rover Defender India Launch Timeline Revealed: Here Are All Details
- 16 hrs ago BMW M1000 RR Unveiled: First Motorcycle From The Brand’s M Divison
- Finance Some Relief To Firms As Govt Extends IBC Suspension For 3 Months
- Education NEET SS Result 2020: How To Check NEET SS 2020 Results
- Technology Amazon Shutterbug Deals On Camera Devices: Discount Offers On Cameras
- Sports After match-winning century, KL Rahul reveals how a chat with Glenn Maxwell relieved him
- Movies RUMOUR HAS IT: Mohanlal's Drishyam 2 To Go The OTT Way?
- Lifestyle Love Burgers? Here’s How You Can Make Them Healthy And Tasty!
- News Way ahead is to refrain from attempts to unilaterally change status quo: MEA on Ladakh standoff
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
Hero Electric and EV Motors (EVM) India partner to launch rapid charging e-bike in the Indian market. EVM will provide its fast-charging battery pack to power the Hero Electric scooters, which is claimed to charge from 0 to 100 per cent in less than 30 minutes.
The company will also provide ‘PlugNgo' fast-charging stations to help with rapid charging of batteries. According to the company, this quick charge feature makes daily vehicle operation of 130 km to 140 km stress-free.
It will help in bringing down the maintenance & running costs, which will help improve the business. The rapid charging stations will be installed at strategic locations including the Hero dealerships and will be accessible for public charging.
The partnership is primarily targeting the new service for last-mile delivery operation. Initially, a pilot project of around 10,000 e-bikes will be launched in a few cities over the next 12 months, ahead of nationwide launch.
The service has been specially designed for last-mile operations and will cater delivery operators in many sectors such as e-commerce, online food, fleet operators & courier delivery businesses.
Sohinder Gill, CEO, Hero Electric said, "This unique solution of ‘30 minutes Charging' coupled with the easier ownership models may be a game-changer for the EV industry as it will solve three important issues namely- range anxiety, battery replacement costs and the high acquisition price."
He further added, "As a market leader, we'll keep offering a variety of EV adoption options to customers be it battery rapid charging or home charging with lightweight portable batteries. Our upgraded bikes are now ready with the hi-tech batteries from EVM to deliver the best value for money to the discerning customer."
EV Motors offers smart and connected solutions for last-mile delivery operations to ensure longer uptime. It will also provide focused insights related to fleet management and enable the smooth operation of businesses.
It also provides AI-enabled features like vehicle diagnostics, ride statistics, smart battery management system (real-time tracking of battery health, performance and efficiency). The company also provides other advanced features like anti-theft, Geo-Fencing, remote Immobilization, preventive maintenance schedule alert and alarm etc.
Vinit Bansal, Managing Director, EV Motors India said, "We are excited about our partnership with Hero Electric, as it is another step forward towards our commitment to encourage e-mobility and provide a holistic EV infrastructure. We have witnessed huge demand of electric two-wheelers and related services in last-mile delivery operation, keeping in mind the requisition of long-life batteries that can not only be charged very quickly but also can withstand the rigours of high temperatures and Indian driving conditions. Hence, this strategic partnership will help create the necessary competency and technology for building the future of the mobility market in India."
Thoughts About The Hero Electric & EV Motors India Partnering To Launch Rapid Charging E-Bikes
Electric bikes are generally easier to use with very less moving parts, especially for last-mile connectivity. With a rapid charging battery pack along with fast charging stations, it will make for easier adoption of the service in the country. Considering the number of delivery tasks carried out in the country, it would also help reduce a lot of vehicle pollution as well.