- 1 day ago Kawasaki Launches The Ninja ZX-25R In Indonesia: Details & Specifications
- 1 day ago Volkswagen Polo & Vento TSI Limited-Edition Models Removed From The Company Website
- 1 day ago KTM RC 200 Modified With Parts From Autologue Design: Wrapped By Zed One
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Launches Car Safety Accessories: Air Purifiers, Separation Films And More
- News Rajasthan crisis: 75 MLAs attended CM Gehlot's meeting
- Movies REVEALED: Manjima Mohan's Role In Vijay Sethupathi's Tughlaq Durbar
- Sports England vs West Indies, 1st Test, Highlights: Brilliant Blackwood stars as Windies take 1-0 lead in Southampton
- Finance RIL's New Deal: Qualcomm To Invest Rs 730 Crore In Jio Platforms
- Technology Vivo X50, X50 Pro India Launch Confirmed On July 16: What To Expect
- Lifestyle Radhe Shyam Actress Pooja Hegde Sure Knows How To Make A Yellow Splash With Her Outfits
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In July 2020
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
American two-wheeler manufacturer, Harley-Davidson, has been working on a smaller capacity motorcycle that will be licenced to China based Qianjiang Motorcycle Co, also known as QJ Motors, for production.
Details about the motorcycle are scarce at the moment, however Harley has released a rendering of the final product. According to GaadiWaadi, the soon-to-be-launched Harley will feature a parallel-twin engine, and an under-belly exhaust - a design that breaks away from traditional Harley V-Twins.
While Harley's new small capacity motorcycle will borrow its frame, swingarm, disc brake rotors, and its suspension set up from the Benelli TNT 300, it will feature an updated engine.
Speculation is that the motorcycle will feature a BS6 compliant 353cc parallel-twin engine. According to type-approval documents filed by QJ Motors, the QJ350-13/ TNT 300 (2021 model) features a 353cc parallel-twin engine that produces 35.5bhp.
However, the new Harley Davidson will feature an updated motor with a larger displacement. It is already being said that the upcoming motorcycle will be powered by a 353cc parallel-twin motor.
Chances are that the upcoming Harley will share its engine and other hardware with the QJ350-13, but will borrow its design from flat track styled models.
Speculation is that Harley-Davidson will launch the motorcycle as scheduled (closer to Christmas 2021), and that it will be priced somewhere between the Rs 3 lakh and the Rs 3.5 lakh mark. Prices mentioned are ex-showroom.
The motorcycle will compete with the BMW G 310 R, and the Benelli TNT 300 at launch.
In Harley related news, the brand recently hiked prices for its 1200 Custom model. The 1,202cc motorcycle is now available starting at Rs 10.89 lakh ex-showroom - more expensive by Rs 12,000. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About The Upcoming Harley-Davidson 350cc Motorcycle
We're not entirely sure about this one. Harley-Davidson is known for its V-Twins and thunderous exhaust notes, not parallel-twins with an under-belly exhaust. We think that most folk want a traditionally designed Harley that is more affordable, and not one that is held together with borrowed parts. Unlike the rest of the country, we hope the brand knows what it's doing.