- 1 hr ago New-Generation Kia Carnival Interiors Revealed Officially: Expected To Arrive In India By 2022
- 2 hrs ago New Nissan Compact-SUV World Premiere Date Revealed: Upcoming B-SUV Concept To Rival Hyundai Venue
- 4 hrs ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 6 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- Sports Gambhir sparks controversy: Dhoni, unlike Ganguly, handed over to Kohli a team that lacked quality players
- Lifestyle COVID-19: WHO Official Says The Virus Could Have Existed Long Before Outbreak
- News 19 states have COVID-19 recovery rate higher than national average of 63.02 pc: Centre
- Movies Shaheen Bhatt To Take Legal Action Against Online Harassers; ‘Will Not Protect Your Identity’
- Technology Mystery OnePlus Smartphone Pops Up On Geekbench: Is It The OnePlus Nord Lite?
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
American two-wheeler manufacturer, Harley-Davidson, has been working on a smaller capacity motorcycle that will be licenced to China based Qianjiang Motorcycle Co, also known as QJ Motors, for production.
Details about the motorcycle are scarce at the moment, however Harley has released a rendering of the final product. According to GaadiWaadi, the soon-to-be-launched Harley will feature a parallel-twin engine, and an under-belly exhaust - a design that breaks away from traditional Harley V-Twins.
While Harley's new small capacity motorcycle will borrow its frame, swingarm, disc brake rotors, and its suspension set up from the Benelli TNT 300, it will feature an updated engine.
Speculation is that the motorcycle will feature a BS6 compliant 353cc parallel-twin engine. According to type-approval documents filed by QJ Motors, the QJ350-13/ TNT 300 (2021 model) features a 353cc parallel-twin engine that produces 35.5bhp.
However, the new Harley Davidson will feature an updated motor with a larger displacement. It is already being said that the upcoming motorcycle will be powered by a 353cc parallel-twin motor.
Chances are that the upcoming Harley will share its engine and other hardware with the QJ350-13, but will borrow its design from flat track styled models.
Speculation is that Harley-Davidson will launch the motorcycle as scheduled (closer to Christmas 2021), and that it will be priced somewhere between the Rs 3 lakh and the Rs 3.5 lakh mark. Prices mentioned are ex-showroom.
The motorcycle will compete with the BMW G 310 R, and the Benelli TNT 300 at launch.
In Harley related news, the brand recently hiked prices for its 1200 Custom model. The 1,202cc motorcycle is now available starting at Rs 10.89 lakh ex-showroom - more expensive by Rs 12,000. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About The Upcoming Harley-Davidson 350cc Motorcycle
We're not entirely sure about this one. Harley-Davidson is known for its V-Twins and thunderous exhaust notes, not parallel-twins with an under-belly exhaust. We think that most folk want a traditionally designed Harley that is more affordable, and not one that is held together with borrowed parts. Unlike the rest of the country, we hope the brand knows what it's doing.