- 3 hrs ago Skoda Rapid CNG Variant Coming To India: Zac Hollis Confirms 4 Product Launches In Next 12 Months
- 4 hrs ago Audi Celebrated Women’s Day With The #DriveTheChange Initiative: Read More To Find Out!
- 4 hrs ago Kabira Electric Motorcycles Sold Out In Just 4 Days: Both KM3000 & KM4000 Receive Overwhelming Response
- 5 hrs ago TVS To Provide Free COVID-19 Vaccination To All Employees & Their Immediate Family Members
- News Uttarakhand CM Trivendra Singh Rawat in Delhi to meet BJP leadership
- Sports Opportunities come but we will see where it goes: Ganguly keeps it open-ended on joining politics
- Education International Women’s Day: Gender Scholars Are Calling For Recognition of Unpaid Care-Giving
- Movies Bombay Begums Web Series Review: Alankrita Shrivastava-Pooja Bhatt's Shows Celebrates A Blend Of Real Women
- Finance SBI vs Canara vs Kotak vs Yes Bank: Check Current Interest Rates On FD Here
- Technology Redmi Note 10 Pro Max First Sale On March 18: Should You Buy?
- Lifestyle Saina Trailer Launch: Parineeti Chopra Exudes Confidence And Boss Lady Vibes In Her White Pantsuit
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Harley-Davidson a couple of months back announced its exit from the Indian market. The company in the process did sign a partnership with Hero MotoCorp, giving the Indian brand the rights to sell and service Harley-Davidson motorcycles.
The distribution agreement between the two companies gave Hero MotoCorp the access to sell Harley-Davidson bike parts, accessories, merchandise and riding apparel as well. However, there was more information needed as to how the company would make this transition.
Harley-Davidson has now released an official statement which explains exactly that. The statement also confirms that the brand will resume India operations via Hero MotoCorp starting from January 2021.
The statement also mentions that owners of Harley-Davidson motorcycles in India will continue to get all the benefits, including warranty and H.O.G. (Harley Owners Group) activities as well.
Sajeev Rajasekharan, M.D. - Asia Emerging Markets & India, Harley-Davidson, stated:
"As we change our business model in India, we are pleased to be continuing our journey in the country together with Hero MotoCorp. We are working closely with Hero to ensure a smooth transition for our riders. We are providing our riders with updates as available and have assured them that Harley-Davidson motorcycle, parts and accessories and general merchandise sales, as well as after-sale services, warranty and H.O.G. activities, will continue from January 2021 onwards."
The company also states that as part of its agreement with Hero MotoCorp, the American brand will continue to introduce new motorcycle offerings in the market. Harley-Davidson has also promised its customers of regular updates and news, going forward as well.
More recently, Harley-Davidson dealers across the country have been unhappy with the American brand. Dealers have complained that Harley-Davidson did not give them any intimation of their plans. While Harley-Davidson did offer compensation, dealers have spoken out, calling these compensations ‘unreasonable' compared to the investments made.
Thoughts On The Harley-Davidson India Operations
Harley-Davidson is said to be working on ensuring a smooth transition of its operation with Hero MotoCorp. However, it remains to be seen how the transition actually takes place closer to 2021, with more updates from Harley-Davidson expected towards the end of December.