- 3 hrs ago BigRock Dirtpark Trail Attack Challenge 2020: A Race Weekend With The Royal Enfield Himalayan
- 4 hrs ago Mahindra Thar Price Increase Expected In The Next Few Days: Here Are All Details
- 7 hrs ago IIT Madras Campus To Get e-Bus From Ashok Leyland Powered By Hitachi ABB Power Grids
- 11 hrs ago Top Car Launches In December 2020: Here Is The Entire List Of Cars Going On Sale In The Coming Weeks
- News Govt invites protesting farmers for next round of talks at Vigyan Bhawan today
- Sports Uncertainty prevails over T20 WC in India due to COVID, could be shifted to UAE: PCB
- Movies Bellbottom Casting Director Refutes Reports Of Rape Accused Ayush Tewari’s Association With Film
- Lifestyle COVID-19 And Tuberculosis: Can TB Increase COVID Risk?
- Finance MOSL Gives An ‘Accumulate' Call On This Refinery Stock; Target Price Rs. 2400
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
- Technology Vi Revises Entry Level Family Postpaid Plans
- Education COMEDK UGET 2020 Seat Allotment Result Declared At comedk.org
Harley-Davidson a couple of months back announced its exit from the Indian market. The company in the process did sign a partnership with Hero MotoCorp, giving the Indian brand the rights to sell and service Harley-Davidson motorcycles.
The distribution agreement between the two companies gave Hero MotoCorp the access to sell Harley-Davidson bike parts, accessories, merchandise and riding apparel as well. However, there was more information needed as to how the company would make this transition.
Harley-Davidson has now released an official statement which explains exactly that. The statement also confirms that the brand will resume India operations via Hero MotoCorp starting from January 2021.
The statement also mentions that owners of Harley-Davidson motorcycles in India will continue to get all the benefits, including warranty and H.O.G. (Harley Owners Group) activities as well.
Sajeev Rajasekharan, M.D. - Asia Emerging Markets & India, Harley-Davidson, stated:
"As we change our business model in India, we are pleased to be continuing our journey in the country together with Hero MotoCorp. We are working closely with Hero to ensure a smooth transition for our riders. We are providing our riders with updates as available and have assured them that Harley-Davidson motorcycle, parts and accessories and general merchandise sales, as well as after-sale services, warranty and H.O.G. activities, will continue from January 2021 onwards."
The company also states that as part of its agreement with Hero MotoCorp, the American brand will continue to introduce new motorcycle offerings in the market. Harley-Davidson has also promised its customers of regular updates and news, going forward as well.
More recently, Harley-Davidson dealers across the country have been unhappy with the American brand. Dealers have complained that Harley-Davidson did not give them any intimation of their plans. While Harley-Davidson did offer compensation, dealers have spoken out, calling these compensations ‘unreasonable' compared to the investments made.
Thoughts On The Harley-Davidson India Operations
Harley-Davidson is said to be working on ensuring a smooth transition of its operation with Hero MotoCorp. However, it remains to be seen how the transition actually takes place closer to 2021, with more updates from Harley-Davidson expected towards the end of December.