- 1 hr ago MG Motor & Tata Power Set Up The First 50 kW Superfast EV Charging Station In Chennai: Read More!
- 3 hrs ago Volkswagen Vitrus Spotted Testing Once Again In India: Here Are All The Details!
- 5 hrs ago Okinawa Oki100 Electric Bike Teased Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 6 hrs ago BMW R nineT & R nineT Scrambler Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.75 Lakh
- News Delhi: 55-year-old man killed by speeding Mercedes in Vasant Vihar; driver granted bail
- Sports Golf: Anirban Lahiri closes bitter-sweet round with an eagle for 2-under 70 in Puerto Rico
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 8 Grand Premiere: Start Date, TV Timings, Live Streaming And Contestant Details
- Lifestyle Your Friday Fashion Roundup Ft. Parineeti Chopra, Shahana Goswami, And Amyra Dastur
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
- Finance Indian Economy Out of Recession; GDP Grows to 0.4 Percent
- Education SSC JE Result 2021 For Paper 1 To Be Released Today
- Technology Reliance Jio Increased Revenue Market Share In October-December, Say Analysts
Harley-Davidson has launched its new e-bicycle brand, called the Serial 1 Cycle Company in the international market. The new brand from Harley-Davidson has further revealed its first product, the 'Serial 1' e-bicycle.
The new Harley-Davidson Serial 1 e-bicycle will go on sale in international markets from March 2021. The ‘Serial 1' name for the brand's new electric bicycle is in reference to Harley-Davidson's first-ever motorcycle, called ‘Serial Number One', introduced way back in 1903.
Apart from the name, the electric bicycle also comes with white tyres, spring saddle, straight handlebars, wire-spoke rims and many other design elements, which pays homage to the design of the original motorcycle from Harley-Davidson from over a century ago.
However, the electric bicycle also features a few modern touches to its design as well. This includes the frame integrated LED headlamps and taillights, disc brakes at both front and rear and a stylish Gloss-Black paint scheme; among others.
Aaron Frank, Brand Director, Serial 1 Cycle Company, stated,
"When Harley-Davidson first put power to two wheels in 1903, it changed how the world moved, forever. Inspired by the entrepreneurial vision of Harley-Davidson's founders, we hope to once again change how cyclists and the cycling-curious move around their world with a Serial 1 eBicycle."
He further added, "The dynamic, fast-growing e-Bicycle space is at the forefront of a global mobility revolution. The formation of Serial 1 allows Harley-Davidson to play a key role in this mobility revolution while allowing Serial 1 to focus exclusively on the e-Bicycle customer and deliver an unmatched riding experience rooted in freedom and adventure."
According to the brand, the global e-Bicycle segment was estimated to be over $15 billion in 2019. This is further expected to grow between 2020 and 2025, with an annual rate of 6 per cent.
Thoughts On The Harley-Davidson Series 1 e-Bicycle
The Harley-Davidson Serial 1 e-Bicycle pays excellent homage to the brand's first-ever motorcycle of 1903. The Serial 1 e-Bicycle looks to be an amazing product and it will be interesting to see how it performs out on the streets, once introduced in the international markets.