- 1 day ago Kawasaki Launches The Ninja ZX-25R In Indonesia: Details & Specifications
- 1 day ago Volkswagen Polo & Vento TSI Limited-Edition Models Removed From The Company Website
- 1 day ago KTM RC 200 Modified With Parts From Autologue Design: Wrapped By Zed One
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Launches Car Safety Accessories: Air Purifiers, Separation Films And More
- News Rajasthan crisis: 75 MLAs attended CM Gehlot's meeting
- Movies REVEALED: Manjima Mohan's Role In Vijay Sethupathi's Tughlaq Durbar
- Sports England vs West Indies, 1st Test, Highlights: Brilliant Blackwood stars as Windies take 1-0 lead in Southampton
- Finance RIL's New Deal: Qualcomm To Invest Rs 730 Crore In Jio Platforms
- Technology Vivo X50, X50 Pro India Launch Confirmed On July 16: What To Expect
- Lifestyle Radhe Shyam Actress Pooja Hegde Sure Knows How To Make A Yellow Splash With Her Outfits
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In July 2020
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Harley-Davidson is all set to introduce a new small capacity motorcycle in the Indian market. The new entry-level Harley-Davidson motorcycle will come with a 338cc displacement and is expected to launch by June-2020.
According to a leaked presentation image by Bennetts.co.uk, the American bike manufacturer will be partnering with Chinese company Qiangjiang to manufacture the entry-level motorcycle. Qianjiang is also the parent company of Benelli, which indicates that the upcoming 338cc motorcycle from Harley-Davidson will be sharing powertrain, chassis and other components with the Italian brand as well.
The new Harley-Davidson 338cc motorcycle will be manufactured in China and exported to different countries around the world, including India. We expect Harley-Davidson to import the 338cc offering as a CKD unit with assembly being handled by the brand's facility in Gurgaon. This will also help Harley-Davidson price the entry-level product competitively in the Indian market.
As mentioned before, the upcoming entry-level Harley-Davidson motorcycle will be sharing powertrain with Benelli. This indicates that the new bike could borrow the engine from the Benelli 302S.
The Benelli 302S comes with a 300cc parallel-twin engine producing 37.5bhp at 11,000rpm and 25.6Nm of peak torque at 9,750rpm. It will be paired with a six-speed gearbox.
However, Harley-Davidson is yet to reveal any details of its upcoming entry-level motorcycle. The company hasn't even announced the name of its upcoming bike, which will rival the Royal Enfield 350 range, Jawa Motorcycles and the Benelli Imperiale 400.
Currently, Harley-Davidson offers the Street 750 as its entry-level product. The Harley-Davidson Street 750 is offered with a starting price of Rs 5.35 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The Street 750 is powered by a 749cc V-twin producing 57Nm of peak torque, paired with a six-speed transmission unit.
Thoughts On The 338cc Entry-Level Harley-Davidson Motorcycle In India
Harley-Davidson has been in the news for quite a while now, regarding their upcoming entry-level motorcycle offering. The company wants to get into the smaller capacity two-wheeler segment, which will help provide volume sales for the American brand. The new 338cc offering could go on sale in India by end-2020, after being introduced in international markets sometime in June this year.